“100% !!!”

Apsleys
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Opened in September 2009, Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is the first restaurant outside Italy created by internationally renowned chef, Heinz Beck, holder of three Michelin stars at La Pergola in Rome. Heinz Beck soon earned the restaurant its own Michelin Star, when in February 2010 it became the fastest London establishment to be bestowed with the award and maintained this award onwards. Apsleys? stunning Venetian-style dining room, with its glass roof and plush upholstery, is one of the most beautiful spaces for dining in London, an elegant setting for any occasion. Overseen by Beck and run by Executive Chef Heros De Agostinis, who used to work with Heinz Beck in Rome. Beck has created a menu that focuses on lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes and is concerned with keeping dishes healthy and as approachable as they are exciting. Signature dishes include the magnificent Carbonara Fagotelli of melt-in-the-mouth pasta parcels. At lunchtime, Apsleys' 'Menu del Giorno' is a popular choice, while Beck's seven course tasting menu is ideal for celebratory dinners. The wine list has enormous depth and includes some of the rarest vintages in the world. Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is located on the ground floor of The Lanesborough in the heart of Knightsbridge, the restaurant has two semi-private dining rooms available for larger parties.
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“100% !!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The whole experience is truly worth the 100% rating in my opinion. The service is very attentive yet not intrusive. The food was lovely and menu choice offered enough selection we felt. The restaurant setting is nice and well worth a visit. If you shop around there are some very good promotions which make the whole experience fantastic value for money.

I would be very suprised if people don't enjoy Apsleys and it fully deserves its ranking ...well done !

• Visited September 2012
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
What a lovely review, I think it is safe for me to say your review would also give 100% moral boost to Apsleys team. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your experience and found the food choices lovely as the setting. Please come back soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Always worth revisiting”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Birthday visit; a treat! This is one of the places we go for special occasions and for our love of Italian food. Had the 5 course tasting menu, tuna starter was amazing and the suckling pig and co stood out too on a menu where everything was full of taste. Go with the recommended wines, they are well chosen. Not cheap but worth the price. And quantities were just right for tasting menu, who wants to be overwhelmed?

Dear Guest,
Happy birthday wishes. Every time I read a review with a guest that chose a special occasion to dine with us puts a big smile on my face, knowing that we were part of a happy celebration. I am pleased you have enjoyed your recent experience and look forward to welcoming you soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting small portions”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can't disagree with other reviews that the setting and service are lovely, however the value for money was not. We had a choice from the lunch menu 2 courses £25, 3 courses £35 which is about the norm, however the size of the portions was very small and if you are not a fish eater you do not have a great deal of choice. The dishes were beautifully presented and tasty but this is the only time I have gone home from a lunch in a London Restaurant and wanted to eat something in the evening. I had lamb to start which was 4 thimble size bits of rolled lamb with small cubes of pickled cucumber and lots of leaves and flower petals, very pretty. My main course was halibut with aubergine which tasted lovely but only two small pieces of fish and one small piece of aubergine with I think a red pepper sauce on it, no pasta or potato to give it a bit of substance. We did have coffee and petit fores in the price which was nice but again the petit fores were the size of smarties however the waiter was kind enough to give us a second portion each.

I think this restaurant has taken minimalist too far!

1 Thank Ryder82
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, as it is important to us. I was very concerned to hear your comments on our portions size and menu choices, our chef and floor brigade are always willing to compile additional food recommendations and side dishes to complement each dish. We look forward to seeing you again at Apsleys in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Alexandre Caujolle
F&B Director
London
“Best Dessert I Have Ever Tasted”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited this restaurant for lunch with my friend and chose to eat from the set menu for £52 per person including a glass of champagne.
We had a cocktail in the library bar before eating at a cost of £15 each, which is in my opinion overpriced, even though they were both delicious. The service was fast and with a smile.
The main waiting staff were friendly and unobtrusive throughout our meal and were happy to answer any questions we had.
We both ordered the exact same food
amuse bouche-can't recall what this was, but remember it being cold, green and not very nice. neither of us liked it
starters-Carbonara....this was absolutley delicious and was well presented. This is a signagture dish and you have got to try it
mains-Lamb...beatifully tender and seasoned perfectly
dessert- passion fruit chocolate cube and choc sorbet ....sublime!...this was without doubt the best part of the meal and I would go back here just to eat this!

we had a selection of mini chocolates served to us but were asked to have our coffee in the bar as they wanted our table for afternoon tea.
They told us they would set up a table for us in the bar and we were quite happy to go through and finish our meal there even though we were the last to be sat for lunch and no other diners were being asked to move....however we were then shown through to the bar where there was no table set up for us and left there without any further service...we twice had to go up to the bar to ask for coffee to be served and when we eventually got it, it was cold.
This put a dampner on what was a very nice lunch as I was not told that I would have to leave the main restuarant in order for afternoon tea to be served. If I had known this I would have booked an earlier table.
I would still recommend to my friends

• Visited September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments. I am pleased you have enjoyed your lunch experience at Apsleys and have found the dessert in particular sublime. I shall pass on your notes to the chef. Also, I would like to extend my apology for the inconvenience and disorganisation from our side with the bar team as well as the restaurant team for not notifying you of the time restrain. I am glad to know that you would still recommend Apsleys to your friends and rest assured I will be discussing your incident with the team.

London
“Tiny portions”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was extremely well presented and contrast of flavours visuals. Silician prawns with chickpea puree and lots of "petal". (Only 3 samll prawns) but delicately cooks and tasted fab
I wasnt disappointed with the food but the portions were too tiny, my 3 year old niece will complain.
The main was very nice as well and the dessert was to die for, i dived in before i remembered i didnt take the picture

PS: The cold corridor at The Lanesborough Hotel can be intimidating if you havent been there before, what you should remember is that the people serving you cant afford to eat there :)

6 Thank Olah L
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us at Apsleys. Our Michelin starred chef Heinz Beck is famed for his healthy style cooking and presentation skills and so I am pleased to know that you have found it well presented with an interesting contrast of flavours. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, for another culinary experience.