“Tiny portions”

Apsleys
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Opened in September 2009, Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is the first restaurant outside Italy created by internationally renowned chef, Heinz Beck, holder of three Michelin stars at La Pergola in Rome. Heinz Beck soon earned the restaurant its own Michelin Star, when in February 2010 it became the fastest London establishment to be bestowed with the award and maintained this award onwards. Apsleys? stunning Venetian-style dining room, with its glass roof and plush upholstery, is one of the most beautiful spaces for dining in London, an elegant setting for any occasion. Overseen by Beck and run by Executive Chef Heros De Agostinis, who used to work with Heinz Beck in Rome. Beck has created a menu that focuses on lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes and is concerned with keeping dishes healthy and as approachable as they are exciting. Signature dishes include the magnificent Carbonara Fagotelli of melt-in-the-mouth pasta parcels. At lunchtime, Apsleys' 'Menu del Giorno' is a popular choice, while Beck's seven course tasting menu is ideal for celebratory dinners. The wine list has enormous depth and includes some of the rarest vintages in the world. Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is located on the ground floor of The Lanesborough in the heart of Knightsbridge, the restaurant has two semi-private dining rooms available for larger parties.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was extremely well presented and contrast of flavours visuals. Silician prawns with chickpea puree and lots of "petal". (Only 3 samll prawns) but delicately cooks and tasted fab
I wasnt disappointed with the food but the portions were too tiny, my 3 year old niece will complain.
The main was very nice as well and the dessert was to die for, i dived in before i remembered i didnt take the picture

PS: The cold corridor at The Lanesborough Hotel can be intimidating if you havent been there before, what you should remember is that the people serving you cant afford to eat there :)

6  Thank Olah L
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us at Apsleys. Our Michelin starred chef Heinz Beck is famed for his healthy style cooking and presentation skills and so I am pleased to know that you have found it well presented with an interesting contrast of flavours. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, for another culinary experience.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so you know that everything is expensive in London, and you know that , when there, you should do some " London stuff"
High tea is one of those customs that you should try at least once. Very formal, very British , and VERY expensive.
I asked a friend living in London to find a good place to go, he said " the Lanesborough" so we did.
Very nice hotel, very classy room, and very good, albeit stuffy , service. But stuffy is good in this setting!
They bring you the requisite tea sandwiches, if you are not familiar, google " tea sandwiches" it's easier then trying to explain all the varieties.
They are all good, and the tea is equally good, did I mention the flute of champagne? Good also.
Ok , so everything's good, then the check, not so good. Tea for three, some sandwiches, some pastries, one flute of bubbly.
How's about three hundred USD sound.....not bad? Then definitely go. If you just want to try it without the astronomical price, look elsewhere.
There are some "high tea" bargains , even in London, come on guys! It's TEA!
I picked up the check, it was my turn! Ouch.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Allow me to start with saying that I am pleased you have tried the traditional English Afternoon Tea with us and have found the tea collection good. Also, please let me assure you that our prices are very competitive within our market region whilst providing the best of the tea leaves and freshest ingredients. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me directly.
Best Regards,
F&B Operations Manager and Tea Sommelier
+44(0)20 7259 5599

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lunchoffer; three courses and a glass of Prosecco for 35 pounds. We had three choices on every course. The dishes were, as aspected, very small. But the tastes sublime.

Lunch is a perfect way to experience this lovely restaurant with its staff and ambience.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your lunch with us. Please, come back soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked for dinner on the 13th, the setting is superb, great location and pre dinner drinks in the library.

The staff were friendly, polite and efficient.

We all ordered the taster menu with wine pairing. The food was extremely well presented, great fusion and contrast of flavours visuals and aromas.... Truely super dining.

My wife had asked for a vegetarian option instead of the pork, unfortunately this was forgotten, and she had to wait for a vegetarian option whilst we ate our course, and then finish on her own.

Other than this the wine pairing was excellent, and we all had a great time.

My only other comment, probably says more about me than the restaurant, but I was still hungry when I left and bought a pasty at the station!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. First of all allow me to apologize on behalf of my team for the inconvenience with the delay of the vegetarian request. I hope your wife and yourself would forgive us. On a happier note, I am pleased you’ve chosen to have your birthday dinner celebration with us and have found our sommelier’s choice of wines excellent. I will pass on your compliments on to him. I look forward to welcoming you both soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We had cocktas in the library bar before dinner. We were seated on a lovely table near the open fire and sipped our drink as the piano player tinkled in the back ground.
The food for starter to cheese board was without fault. In particular the soy soaked beef fillet with wasabi was one of the best steaks I've every eaten.
The servers were warm friendly and helpful throughout the evening.