“Enjoyable tasty lunch”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Transit: Knightsbridge & Hype Park Corner are the closest tube stations (10 minute walk).
Description: Your much loved neighbourhood pub The Pantechnicon Rooms has been re-named 'The Alfred Tennyson'. The pub remains part of the Cubitt House collection of public houses and hotels. The pub offers simple well executed menus with fresh dishes and an excellent grill section. This established bar and restaurant offers lunch, dinner, weekend breakfast and an all day Sunday roast. The ground floor bar is a vibrant, relaxed and inviting space whilst the dining room on the first floor provides a more elegant and quieter atmosphere. The Boardroom on the second floor and The Loft on the top floor are available for private hire.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I popped in here for lunch on a Thursday after having been to Harrods, which is about ten minutes away. We were cheerfully met into this very clean and charming restaurant, and quickly seated without a booking. The ambience is pretty standard for restaurant pubs like this one in central London, but the service is good, and after my wife ordered fish and chips, and for myself the beef and Guinness pie which came very quickly, we settled down to enjoy a very fresh and tasty meal. There was plenty to eat, and the veg was as fresh as can be, so quality for this home made cooking can only be described as nine out of ten. Value for money, especially in London is very good. All in all highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2019
GeneralM319, General Manager at The Alfred Tennyson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Bill!

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us. We also happen to have a restaurant on our first floor, so perhaps you can check this out after your next trip to Harrods!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Meal was really excllent and the price very reasonable, excellent service and attention to all our needs. The ambiance for great too. I am sure we will be back

Hello!

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. We hope to see you again soon for another fab event!

best

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Highly recommend the Sunday roast . One of the best in London for sure. Friendly helpful staff . Always try to accommodate you if you have not booked . Great place overall

Hello Nicola

So pleased that you have been enjoying our Sunday roasts! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2019

I really can’t fault my visit here. From the moment we arrived we have a wonderful waiter (Michon) who personally went through the wine list with us, provided tasters and despite a horrendously busy bar he was always there for a drink or a question.

The food! My goodness! I am a vegetarian and high end veggie food can be hard to come by, I don’t know what they do to those walnuts but hell yeah they are lush.

My final and biggest mention is to the lovely Ellie, she ‘wasn’t in my section’ but she had a lovely chat with us, recommended food and always did an informal check in to make sure we were okay.

I have been to many high end restaurants/bars and the food and drink usually speaks for itself but I was so surprised by the hospitality by the staff. I will definitely be back and will share the good news, percent place for a group of pals drinking wine and catching up!

Hello Fran

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us, what a wonderful review! We have recently updated our menu to include some very tasty veggie dishes, so we hope to see you again soon. We will of course share your lovely feedback with our team, who are indeed a very lovely bunch!

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Went last night pre show (hamilton). Was quite busy full of suits on the gas. Food was very good and not too big. Service was great in contrast to previous review. Thanks Alfred! There’s is not to reason why...

Date of visit: June 2019
GeneralM319, General Manager at The Alfred Tennyson, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, and we hope you enjoyed Hamilton! We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

best