“Cold eggs and poor service”
Review of Esca - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Esca
Cuisines: British
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: "Newish restaurant and bar catering to the City crowd, in the Chartered Accountants' Hall. Esca has a wine bar for light meals and the lovely main restaurant. The interior is stylish, light and modern with plenty of space between tables and the service is consistently good. Excellent private dining facilities for between 2 - 400 guests make this an ideal location for functions. What's cooking? Terrine of red mullet and monkfish with saffron dressing. Smoked haddock topped with Welsh rarebit on a beef, tomato and basil salad. Esca fishcake with creamed spinach and nuntua sauce. Braised lamb shank with vegetables and gratin dauphinois potatoes. Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce."
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Busy morning, but not overly so; been here many times and noted a gradual lowering of service.
Saturday saw us receive brunch where the eggs, despite being shoved in the microwave, were stone cold.
I asked for them to be heated and the waitress just snatched the plates off us. The woman who appeared to be in charge apologised. The waitress returned with a hot plate and hot eggs but with the same old toast from before placed back on the plate.
Pretty poor for somewhere that charged us £17 for two small breakfasts and two juices.
Normally the rest of the time has been good but this was just poor and the service shocking.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

since Esca open almost every week one or two times I go there for take away sandwich. and when I was there last time I have dissapointed a lot! it wasn't about food it was about completely service! staff was so rude! all I was asking my sandwich toasted as always. the guy who served to me was telling me"when?". it was obviously when I was ordered. and because of that I was waiting 10 minutes there for 30 sec. toasting?! and he was very happy to that! that was so annoying!
NO MORE T/A sandwich for me!! thanks anyway..

1  Thank bravesahin
Reviewed July 21, 2012

this is such a great place to eat with so many fresh food to either eat in or takeaway. also a bonus is that they have so many other items to buy!! the biscuits are amazing!!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I popped in to Esca on the invite of a friend a couple of weeks ago for brunch. I ordered a relatively simple meal - a "breakfast roll" of sausage, egg and bacon. However, I was given a stone cold roll with fillings that were barely tepid. Ofcourse, I asked for this to be rectified and the waiter looked at me like I'd insulted his mother. He begrudgingly took it to be heated before not very subtly insulting me for asking to have a warm meal served warm. Needless to say - I won't be coming back. It gets two stars as at least it looks good inside. Just a shame about the service and food.

1  Thank Aaron E
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Grabbed Brunch here the Sunday gone with my other half. I will give credit to the staff who are always friendly and offer fantastic service.

I have to however say the food was very disappointing... cold, lacking flavour and would definitley not order the breakfast there again :(