“Best japanese food I have tasted and generous portions”
Review of Hare and Tortoise

Hare and Tortoise
Ranked #3,774 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you like Japanese food this is the place to go. I know this is true because the restaurant was full of Japanese people. Generous portions of delicious food. Great atmosphere, and well served, although the staff did give the impression that it was rather an effort to get knives/forks and chilie sauce etc. Recommended

There are newer reviews for Hare and Tortoise

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this place I have been there on both occasions when visiting my brother in London. The food is amazing. Sushi is out of this world and the duck main with rice just beautiful. although service can be a little slow and getting more drinks for the table can be difficult but the food more than makes up for this. I will defiantly be going back next time I am in London. I recommend it.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We’ve been to the Hare and Tortoise more time than I can remember and it’s consistently good food and excellent value. The sushi is delicious and the curry laksa spicy and full of flavour. The portions for the noodles/curry dishes are rather large but the staff are fine with you ‘taking the rest with you’ which is always handy. Often the queues are out the door so it’s best to book – and that goes for any night of the week.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was there several time, the sushi and noodles are ok, nothing special but ok. The tempura was very bad.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Well what can I say?

The place is clearly popular since there is a large queue stretching outside at dinner times.

Yes the food was good, they have a great oriental-fusion menu that includes everything from japanese sashimi to malay laksa. Excellent variety of side dishes and everything was well prepared.

Where this place really lets itself down is the service. I completely understand that it is very busy and the shifts must get very long for the staff, but there is no excuse for being rude and indifferent. They just made us feel like an unwelcome nuisance and I strongly feel that this needs to be addressed.