“Wonderful food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butler's at the Chesterfield

Butler's at the Chesterfield
Ranked #524 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: "Listed in Tattlers restaurant guide 2007 under the Best of British section, Butlers Restaurant is part of the Chesterfield Hotel just off Berkley Square in the heart of Mayfair. The décor of rich reds and greens with English oil paintings is perfect for romantic dinners as well as being superb for discreet business meetings. The Sunday lunch in Butler’s restaurant is still a firm favourite, where you can enjoy succulent rib of beef from the carving trolley or a delightful trio of crème brulée. Staff are friendly in a relaxed yet formal atmosphere. What’s cooking? Modern British fare such as calves liver and bacon with caramelised shallots and mash potato or whole Dover sole grilled and served with sauce hollandaise, witch is famed for being the best in London. Some real old time tempters for desert such as sticky toffee pudding, honeycomb ice cream, butterscotch cheese cake, all made by their own pastry chef."
London
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food, particularly the chicken liver and fois gras parfait, duck, lamb, rice pudding and honey comb ice cream, was all terrific. Loris is a charming leader of an excellent staff of servers. This is a wonderful restaurant in which to sit back and enjoy a properly leisurely meal.

2 Thank Elladad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea 05/09/13”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My Sister and I came for afternoon tea to celebrate her 30th birthday, We had a wonderful time! the food was fantastic! and my sister even fell in love with the black tea with chocolate! (she doesn't usually like tea).

Tomas was a really great host and all the other waiters and waitresses were very welcoming too. They even sang happy birthday to my sister which was lovely :).
I would definitely recommend the hotel and I will definitely be coming again!

Thanks again.

london
“Service are the best and beautiful tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The service at the hotel was the best that we have tried for afternoon tea - right from the minute that you have arrived the hotel. It may not be the most advertised afternoon tea place but we certainly love the nice surrounding, the friendly service and the nice food. The chicken sandwich with nuts were unusual and the chicken tastes good although the nuts will be better slightly roasted to give it a bit more flavor rather than a bit soggy (which would have been better with desserts).

The salmon and the ham sandwich are absolutely beautiful The patisseries were really nicely made and tasty. I loved the chocolate scone which was really unusual with great tastes. :)

The Oolong tea was really beautiful... subtle and without the need of milk and it leaves an beautiful after taste in the mouth. Very nice with the food. It was not too crowded so it was really nice to catch up with friends. I had to call the hotel to pass on the message to my friend to let her know that I will be slightly delayed and they did pass on the message - best service that I've ever had with a hotel in London. Highly recommended although the music came after we finish the afternoon tea (pity cause it was really nice to have some light music). ^_^

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Absolutely fantastic birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was taken here for a birthday treat and could not have been happier with the service we received. We had the champagne as well as afternoon tea which was a nice touch and not too expensive considering we were in Mayfair. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff did everything to ensure that we had a memorable experience. They topped up our stand with extra sandwiches and cakes and even boxed up the remainders to take home. Would definitely go back again.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took my mother to the Chesterfield for afternoon tea and it was the best tea experience I've had in London (and I live here). From the moment we walked in the hotel door we were warmly greeted by every member of staff with whom we crossed paths. Chris, the concierge, was eager to guide us to the Butler's restaurant and introduce us to our server, Dean.

Dean provided some of the best service I've experienced - he was genuinely courteous and attentive while being approachable and kind. He made it clear from the start that we would not leave hungry and if we wanted to try a variety of teas it was not a problem at all.

My mother had the regular tea and I had the vegetarian option, which included a fabulous eggplant, pest, courgette sandwich. The scones were delicious as were all the other dessert treats particularly the carrot and orange mini cake with a cream cheese frosting.

The chocolate tea, made in house by their tea master(!) was really good as were the Dancing Dragon tea and the Darjeeling. They even made me a special brew with ginger as I was recovering from a cold.

I will definitely be coming back!