“Delicious Afternoon Tea (with healthy options) ”

Oscar Restaurant & Bar
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #3,196 of 27,504 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Vibrant, buzzy Oscar is an upbeat bar and restaurant with a chic Fitzrovia clientele and a modern British menu. Set in the charming Charlotte Street Hotel, this lively space is vivaciously decorated with colourful striped chairs and a dynamic mural of contemporary London by Alexander Hollweg. Inventive, vigorous dishes such as loin of venison with onion squash, chestnuts and blackberries and lemon sole with caper butter issue forth from the open kitchen.
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Oscar is a cosy, elegant restaurant within the Charlotte Street Hotel. My friends and I have a tradition of afternoon tea catch ups and always enjoy exploring what's available.
Having a vegetarian option is commonplace in most, but what attracted me to Oscar was the possibility of gluten free and low sugar. The latter was particularly of interest as I'd just met my goal with Weight Watchers and my friends are also health conscious.
The tea is excellent value for money - and the substitutions for the low sugar option are superb. I had a yoghurt - style option with the scones, and was able to have fruits as well as tartlets and an oat based slice. The sandwiches were also excellent (as was the 'standard' option). The tea infusions too are lovely.
Service is fast, and friendly. Also if you are meeting a group it's lovely to sit in the bar area. We were extremely well looked after and not at all rushed.
We all enjoyed our afternoon immensely and would definitely return.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank AudreySanderson

Reviewed March 3, 2019

This is one of my favourite bars in London. Great service, excellent cocktails and my favourite champagnes. Paul and his team are extremely friendly! The eclectic décor is another big plus, like all other Firmdale hotels it is superb. One of the best places in London to relax with a great drink!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 15, 2018

We visited in December for a Xmas Dinner and movie with friends. We had a wonderful Xmas experience. The food was really tasty and the staff were great. The drinks were a bit punchy in price, but definitely recommend a visit.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 8, 2018

Very trendy, very busy. Good cocktails, but some of the food could be better. Staff are excellent. Guaranteed fun night out.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Have been coming here for years, mainly for breakfast or coffees and the odd lunch, a pleasant, easy and convenient place for a business meeting. Met a client here recently, two gin and tonics and two Asahis, £47.25. Yes, £47.25. The Asahis were £6 each, the g&ts were £15 each plus service at 12.5%. Admittedly Gin Mare (as recommended by the delightful waitress) but we buy that at £38 a bottle at home. Seventeen shots in a bottle, that’s over £200, quite a mark-up even by catering standards. My fault, nobody forced me in here, plus it is a delightful establishment in a terrific location with excellent staff. However, £47.25 for four drinks. Beware!!!

Date of visit: October 2018