“The first experience was great, the second was miserable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #35 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“The first experience was great, the second was miserable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is the second time I use this hotel.

The first time, I travelled with my wife and kids and hence I splurged for the upgrade. The room was spectacular. The staff is great.

The second time, I was alone so I figured I would go back to this hotel. I was hoping to rewarded for my loyalty, instead I was given a tiny tiny tiny room. It was so small that I had to leave the room to change my mind. It was quiet claustrophobic.

I believe that this hotel is great if you upgrade to a superior room however the standard rooms are not worth the money you pay. There are better deals in the city.

Alamir

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TheMoMan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Near Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We recently stayed at the Kensington Hotel and were really impressed with the service and location. On arrival we were given a room that was next to the extract flue at the back of the hotel and it was very noisy. We rang reception and they immediately transferred us to a much better room at the front of the hotel. The staff were attentive but not overbearing. We ordered room service breakfast which was excellent. All in all I would say that it is very good value for a London hotel, in a great location, just a 5 minute walk from the nearest tube station and in a very nice road just next to the Natural History Museum.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

On my latest monthly weekend away with the girls, we stayed at this lovely Hotel. I have decided to start writing reviews on all the great propertys we stay in as the UK does have some truely great finds!!! The hotel was clean and fresh, location fantastic, service also great. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at The Kensington.

The hotel staff is terrific -- extremely accomodating, helpful and pleasant. I can't say enough good things about the staff!

I particularly liked the public front parlors/lounge area -- a comfortable place to sit and work or relax.

There are two computers and a printer in an alcove off the lobby, next to the elevators, for guests to use. Very convenient and useful.

Since the hotel is a combination of the three residences, the rooms can vary in size and shape. I had a very nice, spacious room. I did see two rooms, however, on the relatively small side.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
tomwood09
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed here in February and we were highly impressed. Wonderful decor, very friendly and informative staff. Very close to Earls Court and easy access to all major sites and places of interest. A little on the expensive side but worth it for a short stay (and a birthday treat!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

My husband travels to London often and stays at The Kensington Hotel (as a matter of fact, there now!). Our kids (ages 8 & 10) and I accompanied him in January, attaching vacation time to his business trip. This hotel is in a great location, walking distance to Earl's Court subway station and walking distance to several museums (free entrance to London museums!)
The spacious room we stayed at had 2 comfortable queen sized beds, a sofa, tv, desk, closet, & small table in the middle of the room -- try to fit all that in any other standard hotel room. The bathroom area had a double sink, toilet, tub and a separate glass-enclosed shower area.
The breakfast that was included in the room was delicious -- a selection of cold foods/hot foods/pastries...even made-to-order eggs & waffles, a kid-favorite. Drinks were also plentiful: selection of juices/teas/coffees and even smoothies. We got our fill and began to walk the city.
The hotel was not cheap; we usually stay in less expensive hotels but decided to splurge and not move hotels since my husband was going to be working for a portion of the time we were there. We're glad we stayed in the hotel; there were a lot of restaurants of all price ranges to walk to from the hotel. We would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

From check-in to check-out, our stay was superb.
I travelled with my 4 friends for a girls weekend and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it. We had two lovely rooms with comfy beds, and they were quiet spacious too which was a bonus! Breakfast definitely deserves a mention as it was delicious, a great choice to choose from and the fresh smoothies were a nice treat.
I would like to express a big thank you to the staff, we felt very much looked after in every way. I would definitely return to the Kensington Hotel, with easy access to the South kensington tube station with it being just around the corner, It's the perfect location!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends