The Kensington
Hilton
$209
$203
Hotels.com
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
$164
$151
$398
$382
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
  • Pool
$260
$249
3,168 results
All reviewsafternoon teaold brompton roadqueens gatebeautiful hotelthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumturn down servicenespresso machinesuperior roomlounge areathe location is perfecttube stationrooms are smallconciergeharrodstownhouseturndown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My partner and I had a great stay at this lovely hotel. There are so many reasons why we loved it that I better just list them.

1. The View: Looking out of the window you can see so much of the nice neighbourhoods. The science museum,the natural history museum , photos don't do it justice. It is breathtaking.

2. The neighborhood: The hotel is surrounded by everything you would want,all sorts of cafés and diners just a short walk away, and metro and bus stops on either end of the queens gate street. It also has a great shopping center nearby if you are a shopper. Living in this part if town, you really feel like a londoner and get to experience this incredible city from a unique perspective.

3.The hotel: The hotel was very stylish and had many accommodating rooms including a bathroom, and a coffee machine,bathrobes and the slipers that my partner really appreciated.

4. The staff like Jennifer,Paul and Valentina are a real credit there were so great to work with. We had a lot of questions as a first time traveler to London and the concierge was more than happy to help me with anything I needed.
That is a short list of the many things I loved about this hotel . I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks

2  Thank mildred d
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel following your recent stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been able to look after you. It was fantastic to read that all aspects of the hotel were to your liking; it is always fantastic to read such wonderful comments about our staff, especially Jennifer, Paul and Valentina. We are delighted to hear that we have your personal recommendation for our hotel and we thank you sincerely for this. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I live close to this hotel and having toured local venues chose The Kensington to get ready with my family on my civil wedding day. What swung my decision was the stunning communal areas - in my opinion this hotel has the most beautiful lounge(s) (with open fires) in the area - and the staff. The staff could not have been more helpful, with particular thanks to Jennifer, Baptiste and Paul and the door staff.

In summary, South Kensington is very central - a primarily residential area perfect for brunches, dinners and walking distance to Hyde Park as well as the Kings Road. The Kensington Hotel is as you would expect perfectly clean, staff could not be more helpful and the communal areas in particular luxuriously furnished. I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends of ours coming to London for a trip and think compared to some of the Mayfair based hotels it is good value for money for what it is.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank orchid164

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Kensington Hotel, it was a pleasure to have looked after you and your family during your special day. It was fantastic to read that our stunning communal areas were the perfect place for your big day. It is always a pleasure to read such wonderful comments about our staff, it is truly a motivation for all of us to read such comments. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here together in the hotel while on a short trip to London.
The front desk lady allocated a quality room & very quiet and with a comfortable work space, the next morning the tea & coffee was freshly brewed in a silver pot, the breakfasts were excellent with plenty of food on the plate mushroom… bacon, scrambled eggs and black pudding. On the buffet was well arranged aesthetically with plates of fruits, selection of fresh homemade bread and fresh juices, a truly impeccable service from the hostess Valentina and Isabella who were very professional.
The old Irish/English charm of the hotel was exquisite, located close to south Kensington station was extremely handy, Getting back to the hotel each evening my family and I were quick to freshen up and get down to the Aubrey’s cocktail bar where you meet Alessandro who is a very friendly and personable manager as he explains the dinner cocktails, the champagne, aperitifs etc. I never actually knew that there so much information about the drinks. The whole stay was a fantastic experience and I’ve soaked a lasting impression from this magnificent place.

4  Thank sundfolks

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay and that you were able to make use of some of the facilities we have to offer. It is always fabulous to read such comments regarding our staff, Valentina Isabella and Alessandro will be delighted to read these comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

A relaxed, luxurious and fabulous hotel.
We arrived Friday night, greeted by lovely and friendly staff. Greta location many nice restaurants nearby. Came back to the hotel after dinner for lovely drinks in the lounge. I would come here again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Dara J

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Kensington Hotel, it was a pleasure to look after you. It is always fabulous to read such lovely comments regarding our staff. We are delighted to know that you will return to us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last week I had to host an important event at The Kensington and thanks to all of the staff - in the restaurant, cocktail bar, front-of-house and concierge, everything, although complicated, went like a dream thanks to them. Smiling personal service at The Kensington cannot be faulted. I travel a great deal and this is without doubt my favourite home-from-home in London. The hotel is warm and elegant and inviting. The staff second to none. Thanks to all of you, Barbara Jones

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank BarbaraJonesCapeTown
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that we were able to help ensure your event ran as smoothly as possible. It is always a pleasure to read such kind comments regarding our staff and the service we provide. We all look forward to welcoming you back to your home-from-home in the near future.