“We have been charmed”

The Kensington Hotel
Ranked #30 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night break and this will now be our hotel of choice for future stays in London. It is ideally located, minutes away from South Kensington Tube station, the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and our favourite the Victoria & Albert Museum. We stayed in a standard room, small but perfectly formed with a very comfy bed and so wonderfully quiet. Breakfast was excellent and we definitely recommend the afternoon tea. What makes this hotel stand out above the rest are the staff, who are all charming professionals and made us feel very welcome. We’ll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Lilyrhodes,

Our aim here at The Kensington is to create a truly memorable experience for every guest and your comments let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.

We look forward to your next visit.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,119)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Hotel is fantatstic, I spent 2 nights and I enjoyded a lot. All the staff couldn't have been more friendly and the location very near from South Kensington Tube station.
Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel if you travel to London!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Radu_Pojoga_10,

I was so glad to read about your wonderful stay here with us. It is so encouraging to our team to hear such positive comments like yours, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you found the staff to be so friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic way to finish off my milestone trip around the world. As a solo traveller I loved the friendly welcoming vibe of this hotel. having stayed in London a number of times arriving at the Kensington was like striking gold! Such a gorgeous lobby and the bar and lounge area was so inviting after a long day out sight seeing. My room was large by London standards and so quiet. Waking up early and heading out for a run around Hyde Park was a treat. It was the perfect base for a stay in London - I will definitely go back to the Kensington, but I hope that my hidden gem stays exactly as that.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear CathyJaneB,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us, I have shared your comments with our team.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you were so impressed with our Lobby and Bar areas and found our location to be so convenient.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here for a week and it made the trip to London very comfortable. The standard double room is small but comfortable, shower was great. The room was warm and cozy despite the cold winter temps outside. The gym is really nice for a hotel gym. Overall I would stay here again.

Dear Virginia,

Thank you sharing your experiences with us following your recent stay, I appreciate that these things take time and wanted to offer my thanks.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our gym facilities, I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Vincent O’Gorman.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a night in The Kensington Hotel last weekend whilst attending a wedding in London. I don't generally write reviews on hotels but have to say I was really impressed by all the staff in the hotel - from the receptionist when we arrived, the concierge and restaurant staff, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I hadn't stayed in the hotel since its refurbishment, and found the room (deluxe room) comfortable, quiet and well equipped. The location is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk from South Kensington Underground, and there is lots to see and do in the local area. Will definitely return again and would recommend to anyone visiting London.

Dear ADublin,

I was so glad to read about your wonderful stay here with us. It is so encouraging to our team to hear such positive comments like your, thank you so much for taking the time out to voice your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington hotel in the future.

Vincent O’Gorman

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed few week before for two days conference stay. They made it memorable & pleasant stay for me.. After a long travel in the flight arrived in the hotel late in the evening.. After all lookin at me the staffs at the desks understood my tiredness and made me not to wait for my check In.. And also offered me options for quick dinner as well. Even booked a wake up cal the very next morning & when I come in the morning for a enquiry of cab service, it was done already ... Amazed!
And also the bar staffs were excellent in hospitality., the ambience of a hotel is definetly appreciated...

• Stayed: March 2013
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Catherinejelley,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Kensington Hotel and I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with others.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a great stay at The Kensington Hotel. The staff was impeccable; polite, well mannered, genuine, and considerate. They came knocking at our door during late evening just to see if everything was alright, and handed us chocolates right after. The rooms were well put together, elegant, and comfortable. You'll find plush pillows, a nice wall mounted flat screen, adequate tea and toiletry supplies, an umbrella, etc. I could rave about the shower for hours. Literally, I have never been under a more amazing (rain fall) shower head. I'm a tall guy, and good hotel showers are hard to come by. The water pressure and temperature control are just perfect. Also, a section of the large bathroom mirror is anti-fog, a nice surprise.

We didn't visit the restaurant, but have heard good things about it. The decor of the hotel is also something to note. They did a great job of staying traditional with an edge of modern, without overdoing either style. All in all, a well put together hotel. I enjoyed its location very much as well, not too loud, and busy like you'd find with hotels near/on Cromwell Road.

I'd be surprised if there were a better hotel for the price. In fact, I can speak from experience (habing stayed at multiple London hotels) when I say that you should go for this hotel. You won't regret it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tahno D,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us,We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your comments let us know we are succeeding.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Kensington Hotel again in the near future.

Vincent O'Gorman