“Comrortable and considerate”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #34 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I arrived at the Kensington at 11pm after a plane trip from Sweden for a 3 night stay. As soon as I arrived my bag was taken by the courteous porter, Martin. Quiet and warm foyer, greeted by reception and requested a wake up call in morning as I was on a tour the next day. Room and bathroom clean, the bed was so comfortable , linen white and fresh. Problem-next morn, no wake up call, plus wasn't notified of the tour person coming to collect me. Reception called the tour company(premium) and a lovely tour man Len drove me to the tower of London so didn't miss the tour! Arrived back at hotel that afternoon spoke to Vanessa and Ansis (managers) who were aware of the morning scenario, apologised and indulged me in a complimentary dinner. This restored my enjoyment of this hotel. Next day another tour, received wake up call, great tour, back to a warm hotel, delicious food and a very large comfortable bed! All areas of staff are professional and courteous. Would stay here again.

1  Thank 770Traveller
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear 770Traveller,
Thank you so much for your nice feedback following your recent stay with us.Please accept my apologies for the missed wake up call and the tour guide issue, and please be assured that we spoke with the team and it will not happen again. Please feel free to contact me directly should you be coming to London again, I would be delighted to look after your booking for you.I am looking forward to welcoming you back at the Kensington Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for The Kensington

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Kensington Hotel London at the weekend and we enjoyed it so much that we felt compelled to write a review on Trip Advisor. We arrived from Dublin earlier in the day and checked in at 11am to which we were told that our room was ready! we were delighted... we were also upgraded which was a great surprise for us and especially as it was my boyfriend's birthday.. we left our luggage up and went out and about and when we arrived back to our room we found a beautiful fruit plate with "happy birthday" written in chocolate on it. A lovely touch. The room itself was so clean, comfortable, spacious and quiet. The bathroom was gorgeous with major attention to detail. We only stayed for one night unfortunately as we were heading home the next day and we were sad to leave the hotel - very rare in my experience. The next day upon checking out we had a late flight so we could leave our luggage with the hotel for safe keeping and when we came to collect it the staff were so nice and said "welcome back" with lovely smiles - seriously we felt as though we were their only customers and they were very genuine. This hotel is in a fantastic location just a few minutes walk to the main museums and many beautiful cafes and restaurants surround it - if you are looking for a really lovely Indian restaurant we would recommend "Thali" which was recommended to us from the very helfpful concierge. From our weekend trip away we have promised to visit again in April. Really looking forward to it already.

1  Thank MIchelle N

Dear Michelle N,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Kensington Hotel!
I really appreciate your praise and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us , more than happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and you also liked the décor of the hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist in your next booking.
On behalf of the Management and Team Members of the Kensington Hotel I am looking forward to soon welcoming you back.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Partner and myself needed a break to clear january blues, bit hassled after work had mislaid passport at airport dreadful traffic in Dublin... and we arrived. The front desk was an oasis of peace and courtesy, gave us heated travel towels whilst waiting to check in and on we go.

The hotel is beautiful, full of antique furtniture, wonderful paintings, beautiful library serving as the 'Aubrey' restaurant. The bar manager and staff were excellent knew their drinks but be careful of pushing the most expensive drinks on customers. Also disappointed as this hotel belongs to the Doyle Collection didn't see an Irish Whiskey in sight at bar !

Room was smallish but classic bed and furniture, bath and shower alittle high to access for older clients with mobility problems

Had evening food which was adequate and breakfast the following morning was very good.
What made our weekend was the personal attention of staff, nothing was too much for them, we were always greeted and made feel at home.

The hotel is central for tubes and buses and has a wide selection of cafes, pubs and restaurants on its doorstep. A must for the Weary Traveller looking for a 'Pick Me Up.'
We Will Be Back !!!

Room Tip: Corner Room might be a little bigger, not sure
1  Thank mikeyDublin
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear MikeyDublin,
Thank you very much for your Kind review following your stay with us.
I am very happy that you enjoyed the service and décor of the Kensington Hotel ,be assure that I already passed your nice feedback to our Team Members.
I saw your comment about our Bar and I am very sorry you had that impression, but I can reassure you that it is not what we intended.
Should you have the opportunity to visit Aubrey Bar again, I am glad to inform you that we do have a selection of Irish and International Whiskeys.
Should you need a new room booking please do let me know, I will personally assist you and I will be able to allocate an easy access room as well.
I hope to welcome you back soon to the Kensington hotel
Kindest regards

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We enjoyed our 3 day stay while visiting the sights and sounds of London. Excellent facilities as would be expected. The service is second to none and it is within easy reach of attractions.

1  Thank BigAlbert66

Dear BigAlbert66,
Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Kensington Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback , I know this takes time . I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to your next visit. Should you be coming to London again please do not hesitate to contact me directly at chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love this charming classic five star hotel. Perfect towels and bed linens, elegant relaxed perfectly appointed sitting areas, old world charm… When I arrived everything went wrong. I had no heat, my key cards would not work and the robe was missing its sash tie. I went to the desk three times and politely complained because nothing had yet happened. I am never disrespectful no matter how disappointed I might be. The most professional and courteous woman, Vanessa Kunze said” well that is enough of that” and they move me to a beautiful room. Problems occur but what matters is what is done about them. If the Doyle Collection people are as professional as their hotels look, the next property will be managed by Ms. Kunze. I will stay here every time I stay in London. Also the location is great from Heathrow. Simply jump on the Piccadilly Tube and get off at South Kensington. It is perfect for a romantic weekend in London. Of and go see War Horse! And eat dinner at the Harwood Arms. Perfect Gastro Pub food… You will never say English food isn’t world class food again…

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank WineGeek10001
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear WineGeek10001,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review ! I know that these things take time and I wanted to express my gratitude as your feedback is both useful and valued .
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I more than happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and professional. Please be assured that I have already passed your amazing comments to Vanessa.
Should you be come to London again please feel free to contact me personally at Chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com to help you with your booking.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington Hotel.
Warm Regards

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stay at The Kensington every time I need to stay in London and I love it. The staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar and lounge are beautiful and the rooms are smart and furnished beautifully. My only gripe is that the pillows are too hard for my liking. Classy, boutique and personal.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ServicemattersLondon
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear ServicemattersLondon,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your feedback and nice comments to our team members.
Should you be coming to London again please do let me know , I will make sure that all your preferences are taken into consideration.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at the Kensington Hotel.
Kind regards

chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I spent two nights at the hotel in June 2010 and was most impressed. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I liked the nice touch of a chocolate delivered to my room each night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank grj187439

Dear grj187439,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Kensington Hotel.
I really appreciate your feedback and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Should you be coming to London again please feel free to contact me directly to assist in your next booking.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Warm Regards