“Regulars”
Review of New Jomuna

New Jomuna
Reserve with OpenTable
New Jomuna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,874 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We, the four of us come in here quite often, at least once a month and find the food good. The service we find is quick and even when the place is packed with tourists they cope very well. Prices very reasonable. We aways recommend this place.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came here on a Sunday evening with a friend, only two other people in restaurant. Almost left immediately after thinking that the waiter sighed at us when we ordered a soft-drink and tap water, I was pretty incredulous but thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Nope, didn't change. When my starter came it wasn't properly cooked (pink chicken). I pointed this out and they just took it without saying anything. They bought it back cooked later, which was nice, but no apology or anything for serving me undercooked meat. It almost felt like I was inconveniencing them. The food was okay, but didn't wow me particularly.

The guy sighed at me. He exhaled in disappointment because we hadn't decided on drinks and just wanted something cheap. Sighed. Once service had been poor for the rest of the meal I couldn't get over that. Should've walked, won't be visiting again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went here on spec. Very crowded tables. Ordered popadoms that tasted like they had been made this afternoon. Ordered a Jalfrezi, it said spicy on menu. Very bland indeed. Sent it back saying it wasn't spicy at all. A second version arrived with 4 chillies in it... Definitely will not be visiting here again. Would advise to give it a miss....

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The younger member of staff was very abrupt. The 2 portions of rice we ordered collectively contained less rice than a boil in the bag by Uncle Ben!! They don't serve tap water because they sell bottled water for £4 a bottle and also pints of cola for £4 - what a rip off!! The chicken tikka masala was decidedly average and worst of all, they didn't bring us our change!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We just loved this restaurant. I have to be gluten and dairy free, so dining out can be a challenge. I spoke to the waiter, and he was very helpful. I had a chicken kabob and it was delicious. My won had a lamb dish and just loved it. The atmosphere was lovely. There were crisp white tablecloths, and nicely decorated. The prices were reasonable.