“The highest quality indian food”
Review of New Jomuna

New Jomuna
Ranked #16,450 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have been to New Jomuna several times, and I am always impressed by the range and consistent high quality of the dishes.

I have tried a number of curries here, and have never been disappointed, while the service is always friendly, honest and efficient.

The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated with a clean, if not particularly Indian, feel to it.

My only negative is that my friends and I were once served slightly stale poppadoms. However, our complaint was swiftly dealt with and the new poppadoms, and subsequent curries, were excellent.

In short, an excellent option for a good quality, fair value curry.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a friendly and excellent value Indian restaurant. Service was very good as was the menu choice, with some items I had not found at other restaurants. It is however a small restaurant, perhaps catering for no more than 30-40 customers in close proximity. But the quality of the food, fast and friendly staff and value far outweigh any other consideration. I visited about 7pm, with my daughter of 21 years, on a Saturday and it was full by about 8pm. The restaurant is about 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria Station and the 24 bus stops almost outside. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I came here from recommendations that I found here but I was disappointed. The food was rather good, but the service was awful. Response was slow, the waiters were snooty, and generally not attentive. With so many other fantastic restaurants in London, I wouldn't go here again or suggest any one else do so.

2  Thank bugenhageniii
Reviewed May 14, 2009

If you want great Indian food, go to New Jomuna, located on Wilton Road just a short walk from Victoria Station. The service is efficient and friendly, the beer is cold, the selection of items on the menu is impressive, and the quality of the dishes served excellent. I have eaten at the restaurant on several occasions and have always left satisfied and feeling well served.

2  Thank CJTravelerTexas
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Best Indian restaurant by mile, we had a choice enter a tatty restaurant a few doors away or to enter this clean trendy new restaurant, our experience was just awaiting behind the door. The staffs were so pleasant and the food was the best we ever had. People next to us were scraping the dishes, as we did. The restaurant was unbeatable and the standard was maintained throughout to the end.

Could do with better wine list, but the taste of tandoori masala was just great value.

1  Thank jackieParis