“Great location, good value”
Review of Trebovir Hotel

Trebovir Hotel
Ranked #772 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great location - 2 minutes walk from tube station on Piccadili line
Breakfast - prety well, doesnt have too much variety.
The room with single bed is very small , with very smal bath.
I've heard every noise in near rooms which was pretty annoying.
Staff is OK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Trebovir met all our needs. We would stay there again. The location was handy to the Earl's Court Tube. It was clean and had character. We wanted a private bathroom, two twin beds, air conditioning, breakfast and wifi included. They had all.

We expected our room and bathroom would be smaller in London. They were small, but met our needs. I e-mailed in advance for a room one level up with the street side. We got it. I was worried the room would not have a closet, but we had a nice sized wardrobe. We also had a small TV, night stand, but no chair. The room had tall ceilings and a pretty balcony. The windows could open part way. This allowed air and security but no balcony access.

Wifi was spotty, but we expected that based on reviews for several hotels. It worked well enough for our needs. The street side had traffic noises, but the other side would have had subway noise. We were prepared for it and did not mind.

Reviews said we would get cheese and ham everyday for breakfast. We also were offered toast, croissant, yogurt, cereal, OJ, coffee and tea. It was good. Yes, it's a crowded breakfast room, but it was a great place to meet interesting people from all over the world. There are several restaurants, fast food outlets and a grocery store in the area also.

The staff was professional and accommodating. They let us drop our luggage in our room early. Our wake-up calls were on time. They printed a travel document for my son and booked him a cab. They gave us good suggestions and directions for places to see and eat. They were able to sell us coach tours which were super! They were interested to know whether we had a good day.

We were happy with this choice.

Room Tip: Street noise in front, but pretty view. Subway behind. Likely more private. Bring a smaller suitc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel recently when we were down in London for Wimbledon. We picked this area as the hotel is just round the corner from Earls Court Tube Station which is on the district tube line like Wimbledon. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was perfect for our needs. We stayed in a family room with four single beds for four adults..It was a bit tight but for 4 days we could put up with it. The room had air con in it which was a godsend. The only disappointing thing for me was that breakfast finished at 9am on week days and Saturdays but 10am on Sundays which I felt was quite early. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in and around this area, M&S food, co-op, Greggs, Nandos, Zizzi and plenty other restaurants. Wifi was free but often I couldn't get connected but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of my holiday. I received a large room with 2 single beds pushed together but the mattress was to my liking and I was neither cold nor hot. My room also had the modem for the floor so I had very speedy wifi. It was clean and functional.

Now the negatives: the kettle, cups and tea and coffee were precariously placed on a shelf just inside the door, my room was on the sub-basement level directly opposite the lift so I had noise from the lift constantly and the Tube that seem to run right below me. The bathroom was extremely compact - have a look at the photo I took. Nowhere to place my toiletry bag or even my toothpaste and toothbrush! And it took me a while to work out how to use the shower, which once I did was extremely good. The tv remote is best described as tempramental - maybe it just needed new batteries but for the time I was there I was asleep. Breakfast was the same everyday. Cereal, ham and cheese and a croissant, plus toast and juice.

For the price I paid I was generally happy with this hotel. The room keys are traditional keys and on extremely large and heavy tags - no taking this with you while you are out and about. Reception is tiny, which is good because no-one gets in or out of the building without passing reception. As all the hotels in this area are converted from old Terrace houses, there are only steps from the street. Something that possibly they can all look at is a ramp for the heavy suitcases.

Would I stay here again? If I was an extremely tight budget probably but I would request a room on a different floor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well, i can say that the area is very nice, very close to Earl's Court tube station, road full of fast food restaurants & many Supermarkets.
The Good: Staff are very nice & Helpful, internet is fast & free, there's air condition in the room.
The bad: The hotel is poor in everything, rooms too small, breakfast is so poor, lift is so slow, no fridge.
Also is toooooo Expensive per night !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let us start with the positives.. Good location very close to Earl's Court tube station and good customer service.
And now for the bad.. The room was the size of Harry Potter's room under the stairs. However, we did complain and were upgraded to a larger cupboard (the larger cupboard did have a standard bathroom compared to the spacesaver bathrooms).
Breakfast was great if you like cold pieces of toast cut up for you + room temperature yoghurt and week old ham and cheese.
In addition, each day is an adventure to find the front door through the maze of doors (you can get lost).
Overall very expensive for a small and very average room with no additional services or facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan A
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Trebovir is just around the cornor from Earl's Court Tube station, with several good restaurants and a post office in the vicinity. Yes, the room is small and the bathroom, too, but perfectly OK. The beds are comfortable, with the luxury of two pillows each.
The continental berakfast is not only tea and toast, but also yoghurt, ham and cheese. The breakfast room is small, but if you arrive around 8 o'clock instead of 8.30 there is likely to be free seat.
Staff is very fiendly and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends