All reviewsyogurtearl's court stationrooms are smallpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportcontinental breakfastair conditioningconvenient locationtea coffeetubeundergroundconspubskettle
Reviewed August 1, 2012

the room we had was 209, a triple room, 1 bed squeaked but that did not cause a problem, there is not much room between the end of the beds and the tv on the wall, but we did not find it a problem. the loo was fine too (i am over 6ft and 25 stone but could still get around it) we found the staff to be excellent, the breakfast room was small but the food served in it was fine (2 slices of ham, 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of toast, coffee or tea and as much orange juice as you wanted plus there was cerial as well and yogurts was the breakfast)
there is a mcdonalds and kfc only 100 or so yards away and a greggs as well.
its about 100 yards to earls court tubestation and 150 yards to earls court exhibition centre (which is why we were there for olympic vollyball)
our room was very quiet.so we had no problems with noise,
so overall it was worth the money we paid to stay there.

Room Tip: Mcdonalds. kfc, small supermarket are close by
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My son and I stayed here for three nights two weeks ago. The only positive thing about this hotel is its location just around the corner from the Earl's Court tube station.

The room was so small my son and I had a hard time navigating our way around the two twin beds. I've never seen a bathroom so small before. Our TV did not work at all which really wasn't an issue with us. We were located at the back of the hotel so we could hear the tube roar by. The walls of our room were so thin that I could hear the man next store to us snoring during the night.

The front desk staff were abrasive at times and not very helpful at all.

And finally, the halls and stair wells smelt like a kitty litter box.

Pass on this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mark0brien, General Manager at Trebovir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you ‘Carole D’ for taking the time to post a review.
I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The bedrooms are small but this is not unusual for London. We opted for space saver modular bathrooms in some of the room in order to maximise the floor space. We are superbly located next to Earls Court Underground giving easy access to all parts of the city. There is some noise from the station but again this is by no means unique to our hotel as London is an extremely large and noisy place. Did you check with reception to see if you could swap your room?
As I do not own a cat I am not sure what a ‘kitty litter box’ smells like. So, I investigated the smell on the stairwells and corridors and found the electrically operated air fresheners to be filled with ‘Lilly of the Valley’ and ‘Vanilla’ oils. So, thanks to your observation I am going to get myself a cat as I always thought that litter trays were unpleasant and a bit smelly. Thank you!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Was given a basement room ,- very little natural light felt like a dungeon. No fan working in the bathroom,damp on the walls and a bed full of uncomfortable springs.Asked to change but was told hotel was full by a briusque receptionist.. Was 10 mins late for breakfast - wasn't even offered a drink - breakfast the following day consisted of thin 'plastic 'ham and processed cheese.
Good location though.
Go to the Lebanese cafe for brekfast and friendly service.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back and not on the basement level
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susanfordjones
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the hotel you have been searching for. Located 2 minutes from the Earl's Court tube station and within easy walking distance of most of the major museums, the Trebovir is an ideal base for a great London holiday. The rooms are "London-sized" so extremely compact, but perfectly clean with new and very comfortable beds and lots of hot water in the shower. The rooms also all have individual climate control, televisions, and wi-fi. Most of the staff is very professional and friendly. The breakfast is very tasty, and included in the price!

The drawbacks were:
-a basement room with no lock on the window (quite a scary prospect in London, even if it was within a gated stairwell).
-Awkward check-in and out. Whenever you leave the hotel you must leave your key at the front desk. When the hotel is fully-booked this can lead to 10-15 minute waits while the less- experienced staff sort out all the various guests.
-The breakfast room. There is only space in the very cramped breakfast room for about 1/3 of the guests. Half the week we didn't get any breakfast because we didn't want to wait in the tiny hallway for 20 minutes while others finished eating. I suspect that the hotel counts on only half the guests being able to get to the breakfast.

Overall, this is a great little hotel, very convenient, fairly priced, and safe. I only hope that the positive reviews it has been receiving don't price the Trebovir out of reach of ordinary travellers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple