All reviewsyogurtearl's court stationrooms are smallpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportcontinental breakfastair conditioningconvenient locationtea coffeetubeundergroundconspubskettle
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the hotel you have been searching for. Located 2 minutes from the Earl's Court tube station and within easy walking distance of most of the major museums, the Trebovir is an ideal base for a great London holiday. The rooms are "London-sized" so extremely compact, but perfectly clean with new and very comfortable beds and lots of hot water in the shower. The rooms also all have individual climate control, televisions, and wi-fi. Most of the staff is very professional and friendly. The breakfast is very tasty, and included in the price!

The drawbacks were:
-a basement room with no lock on the window (quite a scary prospect in London, even if it was within a gated stairwell).
-Awkward check-in and out. Whenever you leave the hotel you must leave your key at the front desk. When the hotel is fully-booked this can lead to 10-15 minute waits while the less- experienced staff sort out all the various guests.
-The breakfast room. There is only space in the very cramped breakfast room for about 1/3 of the guests. Half the week we didn't get any breakfast because we didn't want to wait in the tiny hallway for 20 minutes while others finished eating. I suspect that the hotel counts on only half the guests being able to get to the breakfast.

Overall, this is a great little hotel, very convenient, fairly priced, and safe. I only hope that the positive reviews it has been receiving don't price the Trebovir out of reach of ordinary travellers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CNDreviews
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is clean and quiet, and we had a massive (for London) room in the basement with very good air-conditioning and a nice sized bathroom with a decent shower. The basement is a bewildering maze of doors (we had to go through 8 fire doors to get to Reception). The basement smelled very mildewy and damp. Breakfast was very good. Probably an excellent hotel if you are above ground!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Keeping in mind london's disgusting standard this is one of the best hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank superanna80
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My colleague and I booked 2 single rooms for 2 nights. No problem in reaching the hotel from Earl's Court station, exit the station, turn left, and the first street you cross to your left is Trebovir Rd. It's exactly 2 min. The room was small, but it was indeed very clean. The bed was very comfortable, quite spacious, and only had a soft duvet, which I through was very hygienic, since I hate the awful bed covers all hotels have. The bathroom was slightly bigger than an airplane's, but I already knew from the traveler's photos on Tripadvisor. However, the water pressure in the shower was great, so was the temperature, totally adjustable. The wifi was ok. When I booked I called to ask if we could be given a room facing the outer street, since from the photos I saw some rooms faced brick walls, and considering how small the single rooms are I wanted to at least have a view on the street, which is very quiet. The day we left we left our luggage at the reception, and come back for them in the afternoon. Since we needed to change before our flight, we did so in the public restrooms downstairs which were also very clean. My overall experience is excellent, it's a very clean hotel not just for London's standards and its location is perfect, central but in a quiet road. Will visit again next time I'm in London!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this out of my own pocket. Fortunately, business expenses covered the bill.

I had an alleged double room - the bed was squeezed in with no room to walk around it. It was up against two walls.

The "bathroom" was a joke. A plastic pre-fabricated pod. I guess it could even be marketed as a 'wet room'!! ;-) It was certainly wet after I'd had a shower.

One plus point, the staff were great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business