All reviewsyogurtearl's court stationrooms are smallpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportcontinental breakfastair conditioningconvenient locationtea coffeetubeundergroundconspubskettle
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Keeping in mind london's disgusting standard this is one of the best hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank superanna80
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My colleague and I booked 2 single rooms for 2 nights. No problem in reaching the hotel from Earl's Court station, exit the station, turn left, and the first street you cross to your left is Trebovir Rd. It's exactly 2 min. The room was small, but it was indeed very clean. The bed was very comfortable, quite spacious, and only had a soft duvet, which I through was very hygienic, since I hate the awful bed covers all hotels have. The bathroom was slightly bigger than an airplane's, but I already knew from the traveler's photos on Tripadvisor. However, the water pressure in the shower was great, so was the temperature, totally adjustable. The wifi was ok. When I booked I called to ask if we could be given a room facing the outer street, since from the photos I saw some rooms faced brick walls, and considering how small the single rooms are I wanted to at least have a view on the street, which is very quiet. The day we left we left our luggage at the reception, and come back for them in the afternoon. Since we needed to change before our flight, we did so in the public restrooms downstairs which were also very clean. My overall experience is excellent, it's a very clean hotel not just for London's standards and its location is perfect, central but in a quiet road. Will visit again next time I'm in London!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this out of my own pocket. Fortunately, business expenses covered the bill.

I had an alleged double room - the bed was squeezed in with no room to walk around it. It was up against two walls.

The "bathroom" was a joke. A plastic pre-fabricated pod. I guess it could even be marketed as a 'wet room'!! ;-) It was certainly wet after I'd had a shower.

One plus point, the staff were great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank freddy_261
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed 5 nights. Solo. Yes, the room was small but compact and sufficient. I felt cosy. Bed was comfortable. There was a kettle to boil water for my own coffee and condensed milk I brought which was very important to me. Coffee provided also tasted quite good. The counter staff and breakfast staff were friendly and greeted guests in the rnorning and served breakfast promptly. Breakfast included 2 big pcs of cheese, 2 slices of ham, 1 crossiant (can ask for more), 4 slices of toast, yoghurt, juice, coffee/tea, cornfakes and milk. There is a lift and operate well. Could leave luggage in storeroom after check-out and storeroom was locked and luggage were tagged.
Toilet/shower area was really small but you get the same size in Japan hotels so I am quite used to it. Toilet floor was small so could just mop it with floor towel and floor dried up quickly. Not a big issue afterall 3 star is still a budget hotel, cannot be compared to 5 star.
Hotel location is very near Earl's Court Stn and stn has lift too and ATM machines.
Laundry shop behind Lloyds bank opposite the stn offers good svc.
many food outlets and convenience stores in the area. Good value for money.
Will definitely check / consider staying in their family room next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked through booking.com and have to say that I was ripped off. This is a budget hotel and as long as you don't mind grubby carpets, the smallest bathroom on earth, a TV that needed retuning and smoke alarms that kept going off, including very late at night, then its location may prove to be worth these hassles. But what really annoyed me was the price I paid for it on booking.com. Booking the day before proved to be a very expensive mistake. I wish I'd spent more time looking at alternatives. I paid at least 60% more than the prices advertised on the hotel's own website for the proceeding two weeks. And their own prices cover the weeks of Wimbledon, so there was no need to inflate the price to the level that I was charged. I don't mind paying a budget price for a budget hotel, but booking.com is definitely unreliable as the "lowest price guaranteed" if they are going to charge far more than the hotel would have charged.

Room Tip: The malfunctioning fire alarm caused panic the first time, but the late night malfunctions were ignored ... Although they didn't help me sleep well.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo