“Wonderful spot”

Bloomsbury Club Bar
Ranked #1,262 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Transit: Tottenham Court Road tube station is a 2 minute walk (Central & Northern line)
Description: THE BLOOMSBURY CLUB BAR Set in the heart of literary Bloomsbury, The Bloomsbury Club Bar takes inspiration from the lives of the famously hedonistic Bloomsbury Set. Taking influence from the 1920's and 1930's, The Bloomsbury Club Bar menu celebrates the golden age of cocktails with a strong, seductive mix of forgotten classics and innovative new creations inspired by the Bloomsbury Set's infamous members, set against a backdrop of luxurious decadence. The bar is split into two areas, the walls in the main bar area are adorned with artwork and books synonymous with the Bloomsbury Set, with a subtle subtly English colonial influence. The secluded, heated outside bar resembles a bohemian space with booths lining the exposed brickwork and a canvas of fairy lights covering the ceiling.
Victoria, BC
“Wonderful spot”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This terrific restaurant is hidden away in the Bloomsbury Hotel. The atmosphere is very pleasant with quiet music in the background. Servers are helpful and friendly. We had the pre-theatre 2-course dinner and everything was fresh and perfectly prepared. The price was reasonable considering it included a glass of wine and coffee after the meal. A couple seated next to us had choices from the a la carte menu and said they were very good. A reservation is recommended, especially on a weekend.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Victoria_BCTravelbug

Switzerland
“Little Jewel of a Restaurant”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A group of 9 of us had dinner at the Landseer restaurant before the show We Will Rock You. We had booked the table through a reservation system. When we arrived at the restaurant, with not a whole lot of time before the show, the staff seemed perplexed - evidently the booking agency had failed to inform them of our reservation.
At first we were afraid we would end up having to grab a burger at the local fast food restaurant, but the Landseer staff reacted quickly and calmly and had us sitting at a large table within a short time. Because the kitchen was not prepared for our group, we had to choose from a limited menu. However, the food was excellent and promptly served, so that we were able to get out and to the show on time.
I definitely would eat at the Landseer again as it is so quiet and the food is so good, as well as being reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jackson9305
london
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Best meal I have had in a long time! The staff were friendly and the wine was lovely. I had the lobster bisque which was my favourite course out of all 3. It was a starter but a nice generous bowl full with a quinelle of creme fraiche and fish roe and was very very tasty! The soup came in a jug which the waiter poured in to the bowl at the table which was a nice touch. My sister had the beetroot and goat's cheese for starters and although I'm not a fan of either ingredient even I thought it wasn't bad and it was nicely presented in a granite slate. For mains I had a generous portion of battered sea bass and chips with tartare sauce (which I am not a fan of but even that tasted good) and pea puree. My sister had duck of which I had a taste and it was very good! For dessert I had the chocolate plate which was 4 desserts on 1 plate! As much as I wanted to, I couldn't finish it because it was so generous and I am a chocoholic! My sister had Mille-feuille with passion fruit ice cream. Top marks for food, I would definitely recommend!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank keri1982
London, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had dinner here with my sister last night. The goats cheese and beetroot starter was divine! I had the duck breast for mains which was cooked perfectly and a decent size portion. My sister had lobster bisque which was lovely and the fish and chips... THE best chips I've ever tasted I actually had mega food envy! Her chocolate plate dessert was massive and a chocoholics dream! My banana millefeuille was light and crispy. Will definitely eat here again!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Peanutchina
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“Very good for hotel dining”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I don't really ever expect much from hotel restaurants, but the Landseer was a pleasant surprise. I was staying at the Bloomsbury and popped in without a reservation - they seated me immediately. I ordered the salmon and it was quite good. The breadbasket and my water glass were always kept full, which was nice - I never had to flag anyone down.

I will say that the ginger ale was ridiculously expensive - 7 pounds for two little bottles that barely filled a drinking glass!

• Visited April 2013