“Ruined my Eid- Sunday night..suffered the consequences on Monday”

Lovage - Indian Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: London Bridge
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Me and My friends went to this restaurant on Sunday night. (6)
The following points will tell you the rest:
*Arrived 9pm, ordered food and Drinks at 9.15
*"5"Drinks arrived at 9.40
*Cold Food arrived at 10.30
*The 6th drink arrived at 11pm (when we had finished our meal-we sent this back to prove a point)
*1 of us were given the Paneer curry instead of the baingan curry ordered.Treated with rudeness(as if we stepped on his toes) when we asked for that curry to be deducted from the bill, we couldn't afford to wait another hour for this curry.
*Tarka dhaal had a piece of potato in it -The mind wonders if it was tipped back from someone elses plate.
* Portion sizes, my my theres more cola in a can than rice on that plate..
*We were so disappointed and just wanted to pay the bill and leave.
The excuse for the delay.."we are so busy right now"....The restaurant was empty.
Once we left, we didn't look back....:-(
We all suffered the consequences on Monday. (I won't go there)
*************I don't want to end this on a bad note---I recommend Scarlet dot in Spitalfields-Pricey but Nicey!

4  Thank RakibaMiah

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had a lovely night, the food was good and fresh, and the staff was attentive. Overall a nice experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went with some friends based on their suggestion and it was well worth it. The service was good and the restaurant was very nice. They had football on a big screen in the bar which we had no interest in but seated upstairs it was unnoticeable.
This was my first visit and I had the Chicken Tika Masala. It was a little more expensive than other Indian restaurants but tasted much better as well. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went to Lovage last week and it was a disaster. Firstly the waiter said we had to order a minimum number of dishes or else we couldn't eat here...we were therefore not allowed to share dishes and as a result some of the food was wasted, I have never ever heard of something so absurd as being forced to order a fixed amount of food in a restaurant, what a terrible way to treat your customers - we had already ordered a considerable amount but were forced to order 1 main course per person. You'd think with half the restaurant being empty, they would be grateful for any custom...

The starters were disgusting, the chicken was cold and wasn't cooked properly, capable of giving people food poisoning, the garlic chicken was hard and the kebabs were dry and cold - when we alerted the waiter to this, instead of apologising, he treated us like idiots, as if we had never eaten in a restaurant before, and tried to convince us that this is the way meat is supposed to be. He claimed that the starters couldn't be cold as they had been cooked there and then but when we asked him to try it he realised they were cold and began making excuses for the reason why they were cold; to be honest, I couldn't care less why the starters were so cold, it should just never have been served to customers that way and he should have accepted that.

The main course was average, with several of the dishes being quite oily and the rice being too dry. Despite our rocky start, we tried to be friendly with the waiter but he continued to serve us with a bad attitude and treat us as if we didn't know what we were talking about even though we have been to a variety of indian restaurants in London covering a variety of price ranges. He claimed his restaurant was "high class" and in a "different league" to the ones we must normally frequent but I can safely say this was by far the worst Indian restaurant in London in whatever league of Indian restaurants it could be classified in....avoid at all costs!

1  Thank dolce_ragazza
Reviewed June 30, 2012

First time trying this restaurant today and I was extremely dissapointed. The restaurant was recommended by a friend and was said to have really nice food. The vegetarian food was average but the meat dishes were dry and cold. When we complained about the food being cold the staff wern't helpful and were very rude. The excuse they had for the food being cold was that 'they have to bring a few at a time and when getting the others they couldn't carry up the rest'. This was absurd as if that was the case the food should have been relatively warm. Furthermore any further complaint made, the waiter talked back in a condescending tone. What happened to the customer is always right? In addition to this, when ordering the main course we were told we hadn't ordered enough and that we had to order an extra main course. Unfortunately we had to do this and that extra one ordered went to waste. The food was pricey and came in small portions. I can honestly say I will not return.