“Superb food, wonderful singing and excellent service, a great night out.”

Bel Canto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel Canto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 27,051 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just a few minutes from Lancaster Gate tube station, Bel Canto is suitable for all events and celebrations including birthdays and romantic evenings. Our opera restaurant attracts everyone from opera enthusiasts to curious tourists and culinary explorers. The classic French menu changes seasonally, and is complemented by a diverse selection of both French and Italian wines. Bel Canto has approximately 60 artists on rotation. Every evening 4 singers and a pianist will perform a variety of arias from celebrated operas. The talented waiting staff will belt out everything from Verdi to Wagner while serving fine French cuisine! During the evening you will receive a glass prosecco to join in with the artists to toast with them for the "Libiamo" of the "Traviatta"! Bel Canto is an intimate Restaurant and is decorated with ruby red wallpaper, ornate opera costumes and crisp white linens. Bel Canto offers truly unique and intimate dining experience - the whole team cannot wait to share with you!
Reviewed March 20, 2018

I had been to Bel Canto before, a few years so booked a table of 11 for my birthday..

The food was excellent, with the beef fillet being particularly good.

The whole evening was a great experience from start to finish, the gorgeous food, brilliant singers, the excellent service and general fun atmosphere making this a memorable evening for my 50th, though the flower duet from Lucilla and Sarah, at my request, being the highlight:-)

If you love opera and good this is a great night out.

Date of visit: March 2018
jpmaurel, Manager at Bel Canto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Hi James G,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are delighted you returned to us for such a milestone birthday and even more so to know how much you enjoyed your night! We have passed your compliments onto Lucille and Sarah, who are over the moon.

We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Bel Canto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed March 13, 2018

The food is excellent and the waiting staff are all operatic singers. The timing of the various arias so that it makes the evening flow and the food gets out hot is brilliant. Can't impress on you how superb this place is . Return visit being organised as we type.

Hi denb450,

Many thanks for sharing this great review with the TripAdvisor community! We are delighted you enjoyed the flow of your evening along with the food and performances! We really appreciate your kind recommendations and we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

If you and your friends (or partner) are opera buffs and appreciate good food in the presence of staff who are highly skilled in opera performances then this place is for you! I would highly recommend it, the food was spectacular and all the performing waiters & waitresses were top notch not only in their performance but also in their level of service.

My only dissapointment was the behaviour of one of the non-performing staff members, she was from Poland and seemed to have hit it off with my wife as she is also Eastern European (which was great). However this staff member completely ignored me throughout the time I was there, she didn't show any achnowledgemnt to me when she took my order, brought my food or when she took my plate away. She was very courteous but only to my wife, her attention was focused only on her and at times I felt she was even avoiding eye-contact with me. Furthermore I thought it was rather odd when I asked for the bill and she went and gave it to my Wife (when it was a treat from me for our anniversary); i would have been a bit embarassed had she seen the bill but she was nice enough to not open it. I believe this waitress is in dire need of further training in order to be up to the standard of the rest of your staff. This is the only reason I'm giving 4/5 stars, withstanding that it was a 5.

Amazing experience overall and would highly recommend.

1  Thank Samir S
jpmaurel, Manager at Bel Canto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi Sameer S,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community! We are delighted to note your recommendation for others users and even more so to know that you enjoyed your evening of musical dining.

Having said that, we would like to sincerely apologise for the fact that you felt anything other than enjoyment throughout the evening. We have addressed the issue with the waitress in question and can promise that all guests are to be treated with the same level of enthusiasm.

We hope that your wife enjoyed her birthday and that she also had an amazing experience overall.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended as being different as the waiters and waitresses are opera singers . It was full on a Wednesday evening ( menu £ 10 cheaper ). The service and attention was excellent . However , the food was certainly not fine French cuisine as advertised and consequently was overpriced. The singers were excellent and freely chatted to the diners.

1  Thank Jeremyker

Hi Jeremyker,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it's great to know that you enjoyed the performances and service of Bel Canto!

We are sorry to know that your dishes did not live up to expectations. As you can see from previous reviews this is not a regular occurrence for us. We are lucky enough to employ the expertise of head chef Giles Martin - it is that, the quality of the ingredients that go into our dishes and the performances on which we base our pricing.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening overall, and we do hope that you will visit us again,

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

What can I say ? Amazing!!!
This restaurant provides delicious food and wine which can’t be faulted. I must say that my desert- sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever tasted !
Bel Canto is a French restaurant tastefully decorated with a live opera theme. The waiters and waitresses during you dining experience perform live opera classics . The performance ensures that a fantastic evening is had by all.
Well done Bel Canto I would highly recommend this experience and will definitely return.

1  Thank number2018