“Don't understand the hype; just like any doner shop”
Review of German Doner Kebab

German Doner Kebab
Order Online
Ranked #1,160 of 1,667 Quick Bites in London
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant setup and feel not like your normal high street doner shop, much better but that's where the only difference is. The original total came to just under £17, if it wasn't for the £9.99 for two meals (two doner, one fries and two drinks) offer via Dine card, I would've rated it lower. I've read premium quality meat and chicken used to make their doner and how lean it is and so on but truly it looked and tasted just like any other doner. Only only exception was the toasted bread they use. It was nice but nothing to write home about.

Date of visit: August 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Shom926,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Mile End.

We’re happy you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and we would like you to know that we have been in touch with the branch to alert them of this issue and to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

We hope to see you again very soon in one of our restaurants.

Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed June 13, 2019

a bit overpriced but good, the meal portions are too small. customer service is okay, not too bad. The lamachunsreally nice

Date of visit: June 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Hello Makeup M,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review for our Mile End branch of German Doner Kebab.

We are pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Its so hard to find good kebab in London, but this place is something what I was looking for!
Tasty, perfectly done kebabs, for good price, and nicely worked with interior that makes you feel cozy and welcomed. Definitely coming back here for my next kebab!

Date of visit: May 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Hi Laura M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our Mile End Road branch of German Doner Kebab a review.

We are delighted you enjoyed the full experience of GDK - from the tasty kebabs to the welcoming atmosphere.

We look forward to seeing you again for your next kebab!

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

I went there one month ago with my friend to get a doner chicken kebab box with salad and I asked for that and they got the order wrong. And there was no apologies from the waitress who served me and I was really upset my friend had to pay extra to get me the meal I originally asked for I was so upset because I was looking forward to having the doner box after a long day at work. Such terrible service and I went there again today and I asked for the chicken doner box and the woman at till lied and said she didn’t have it when it was displayed on top of the till in the screen so she LIED. I asked for a doner box that comes with salad and chips and chicken doner and there was no salad in the box and it was over half way empty. There were only about 10 pieces of chips and less than a handful of chicken doner. Then I called them and someone picked up them at 7pm an hour after the event and I asked to speak to the manage to make a complaint they lied and said they don’t know English when they clearly do or else they wouldn’t be employed there.

Date of visit: May 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Hello Zq45,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Mile End.

We would like to apologise on behalf of the Mile End branch as this is not the kind of standard we aim to have here at GDK.
We have passed on your comments to the branch to make them aware of this situation and to ensure measures are put in place to avoid this happening again.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please head to our website https://www.germandonerkebab.com/ and fill out a feedback form so we can investigate this further.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Amazing waffle bread on the doner, lots of meat (I always get chicken) and salad, really tasty sauces! Fast service, can be a little abrupt (especially when busy). Quick turnaround on tables and always people coming in and out for deliveries. Facilities are always clean. Cool vibrant decor inside. Great local gem for a quick bite!

Date of visit: April 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Hello beccali86,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback of German Doner Kebab in Mile End.

We're delighted you have discovered German Doner Kebab and we have been able to provide you with several delicious meals. Thank you for your comments which we will be sure to pass on.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in again soon,