“Great food on the go!”

The Athenian
Order Online
Ranked #438 of 1,668 Quick Bites in London
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: We are Efthymios and Neofytos, two Londoners born and raised in Athens and Cyprus. We launched The Athenian at the end of 2014, as a small street food venture offering freshly made Souvlaki prepared in the healthiest, most authentic way possible.
Reviewed July 10, 2019

I love this little place and stop by 1-2 times per week. The prices are really reasonable and the quality is great. Their courgette, cheese and tomato balls and halloumi fries are amazing, I’m addicted to them! Vassillis and the rest of the staff are also lovely, really friendly and welcoming.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing staff, amazing food. What else? If you’re hungry, and you want to taste a true Mediterranean food, come by The Athenians, and you will not regret it.

1  Thank AntonioA9288
Reviewed June 16, 2019

Went to the Athenian recently when visiting London. We were catching a coach next door so decided to sit down and have a quick meal. It was myself, my friend and my Mum. We were going to go to a place a few doors away however the menu looked and sounded great.

As they do not serve halal food, we went with the halloumi and mushroom wrap, and my friend had the pork and lamb. She said it was delicious. Me and my Mum really enjoyed ours, was delicious and did not miss the meat, in fact probably preferred the veg option.

The local Greek drink was delicious as well, the prices were not expensive for the location and options. Would highly recommend and visit again.

The staff were all absolutely amazing, especially the guy on the till. The toilets were clean. Looking forward to visiting again the next time I am in London!

Reviewed June 8, 2019

Went here last night before getting a coach from the station next door. 3 small pieces of chicken in a £6 chicken wrap is not good enough. I tried this place as it offers something different to the usual places nearby (subway, sainburys, costa, leon), but unfortunately I felt I'd been taken advantage of for daring to go somewhere next to a central London station that's not a big chain. Disappointing.

1  Thank sjab1985
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Soulvaki was always my favourite quick bite! I must say that the Athenian has the best soulvaki in town! I love the fries ( inside the wraps) the tirokafteri sauce! Prices are good as expected for London and I’m basically a regular! Plus I do love the fact that you support Greek suppliers and bring authentic Greek products that you can buy!

Date of visit: May 2019