“Great!”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Have just enjoyed a really lovely evening with 10 of my family to celebrate my birthday so we were a large party. Food was delicious, service was good with really attentive staff and the price was very good. A really enjoyable evening!!

I really can't understand the negative reviews for this restaurant as I have been here many times and it has always been very good. The staff have always been friendly and try to please.

I've lived in the east end all my life and I know a good curry restaurant when I see it!

Believe me, it's very good.....try it for yourself....you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank aaa186534

felixgunn
“Assaulted!!!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Ate at this dump last night. Was coaxed in with the offer 25% off and a free round of drinks. We're all given what tasted like diluted Heinikken. The service was painfully slow and the food made me feel nauseous whilst choking it down. When the bill arrived it was incorrect. I went up to the bar to question this and was very soon being pushed and shoved around by two waiters. I said I would leave £40 of the £77 bill on the table and leave. Then the owner arrived, a very fat Indian man who looked like he was chewing a wasp. He threatened me with violence and dragged me towards the exit ripping my jacket in the process. Trip advisor is one of only a great many places that I will be passing this information to. Eat somewhere else, anywhere else where physical abuse isn't on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank felixgunn
London, United Kingdom
“even more of the same”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

small portions. over priced food. harassed to go inside. not really worth it. I'd go and get some chips personally

Visited March 2013
Godmanchester, United Kingdom
“First Class Food - As Always!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm a regular at Café Bangla and have always been delighted by the quality and service of this traditional Indian restaurant.

I visited last week and was pleased to see it's been refurbished but is still extremely good value - some of the best fish curries I have EVER had.

I was also pleased to see that Café Bangla has 5 stars for hygiene from the Food Standards Agency which a lot of the other Brick Lane restaurants (some recommended on here) do not!

Top marks and highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anthony R
London, United Kingdom
“RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Go to the Eastern Eye the food is 100% the service is 100%
Best value in Brick Lane by far........ The saff at Cafe Bangla are rude and the is food reheated not a place i would re visit

• Visited December 2012