“Appaulding Service - Made to feel like trash”
Review of Al Amin

Al Amin
Ranked #4,183 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First impressions were good. Both my mother and I were greeted by a friendly young man who found us a table. We were then introduced to our waiter for the evening.

Straight away it was obvious he did not wish to serve us. Apart from a permanent snarl on his lips, he could barely look us in the eye.

The starter itself was disappointing. The poppodams we ordered were soft and, dare I say, even stale. The main meal however was much better.

Not once though were we asked if everything was to our satisfaction. Nor were we offered top ups on our drinks.

As soon as we had finished our food the plates were cleared. And the bill arrived in military fashion. There was no offer of dessert.

Our waiter then handed us both a complimentary rose. Although from the expression on his face he may as well of had a gun held to his head.

As we made our way towards the exit an elderly gentleman opened the door. Our goodbye was greeted with a grimace. Once out in the open we breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Despite the dodgy starter, the food was of good quality and excellent value for money. Unfortunately the service we received left a lot to be desired.

And no, we will NOT BE RETURNING.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Small place in cool London neighborhood with tasty food, tons of selection and great service. Not to mention delicious on the cheap.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great people
Lovely food and reasonably priced
I love indian cuisine and finally found a place that offers traditional food as if it were cooked back home
Thanks :)

1  Thank rayib786
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is by far the best Indian I have been too. So much better that the rest down Brick Lane. The owner and staff are always supernice and makes you feel welcome, looks after you all night and nothing is too much to ask for. I have been going to this restaurant for the past 10 years and even to this day I travel there (even though I have moved away from the area) just to have their fab food. I have intruduced Al Amin to lots of my friends during the years and it has become their favvo Indian too.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great place to eat. Extensive menu and nothing is to much bother. Staff are extremely friendly and food is well worth the wait.
If you find yourself in the Bethnal Green area don't pass this one up.

1  Thank Dazzphelan