“Excellent as always”
Review of Mumbai Delight

Mumbai Delight
Reserve with OpenTable
Mumbai Delight is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,209 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our food at Mumbai Delight promises to deliver authentic Indian cuisine, as we skip from the use of artificial colours and flavors. We focus on being Green by use of only natural ingredients mixed with chef’s passion, grilled in with impeccable service, and garnished with a lot of care. Mumbai Delight is located amidst style and oomph of Vauxhall, and is buzzed with energy and comfortably full with satisfied patrons.The quality of food and the generosity of the staff, along with dining experiences are very promising. A visit to Mumbai Delight will certainly be an experience to remember, and you would always bring your appetite and camera to the restaurant.The quest for culinary exuberance and customer delight would ensure your visit to us.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The service here is amazing, the staff can't do enough for you and are so attentive. It's the sort of service you would expect in a west end,1 michelin star, place. Not in Vauxhall, I love it! It was our third time here in a 6 month period and the staff remembered us and were so welcoming.

Food fantastic too, so yummy. I rarely go back to the same place twice as London has sooo many restaurants to try, but I can't see us not coming back to Mumbai Delight again and again and again.......

4  Thank JayJayBee123

Reviewed April 16, 2014

To be clear - this is my second review of Mumbai Delight. I've ordered take-away from the near Vauxhall curry house on seven occasions this year. From a night in with Mrs G, an evening with family and an evening with friends - if the Queen was popping over I might call in a Mumbai Delight delivery.
We go back because the food is extremely good, authentic, fresh, well spiced and the staff are friendly and efficient. And within 5 miles of where we live there are several curry restaurants with very big reputations so it's no mean feat for Mumbai Delight to stand out - and it does so by quite some distance for me.
Here are some of the things on the menu that I've tried

MURGH MALAI TIKKA - beautifully fragrant chicken kebabs - sweet cardamom and cream marinade. My favourite dish on the menu - I could eat these everyday.
TANDOORI METHI LAMB CHOPS - had these twice - decent pieces of lamb - up there with some of the best chops you can get at the likes of Lahore Kebab house in East London. On one occasion they came just right - a bit pink - on another not so pink.
MUMBAI TADKA DAL or DAL MAKHANI - for me always a good test of an Indian restaurant and the only dishes I think Mumbai Delight could improve on. The Dal Makhani is not bad but that Tadka Dal is plain.
BATATA VADA - potato starters with fresh curry leaves - these take me right back to India in a second.
PUNJABI SAMOSA - just like those I've tried on the road in India - not like the usual greasy British version
CHICKEN BIRYANI - they've nailed this - fragrant, spicy and with perfectly cooked rice.

I think it's only a matter of time before Mumbai Delight makes Hardens or gets a review that makes booking a table tricky.
Part of me wants it to stay my (and everyone else in Vauxhall/Oval's) secret but they deserve to make it big.

3  Thank gadflyer
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Being of Bangladeshi descent, I am generally disappointed by ‘Indian’ restaurant food as it seldom matches the home cooking I fondly remember from childhood. However, the Mumbai Delight surpassed my expectations. I was only in London for four days with my family but it was so good we went there for dinner twice, taking a friend the second time.

The really special thing for me was that at our second visit, three days later, the staff not only remembered us, but our drinks order! I always think that is the sign of a great business when staff care enough to remember details like that.

The prices were also incredibly reasonable. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The Tandoori lamb was very good and the Indian ice cream excellent. Strangely the restaurant was very empty, but I was there immediately it opened in the evening.

Mumbai D, Manager at Mumbai Delight, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hi Kriivari,

Thanks for posting review.
We are glad that you liked the Lamb Chops served.

The Indian ice cream is called Kulfi. We serve this in three flavour Mango, Pista and Malai.
I understand you tried the Malai kulfi, next time may be you want to try the Mago or Pista flavour.

Hope to you see when you are in Vauxhall, London next time.

Kind Regards
Mumbai Delight.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Found this by accident and loved it
Was looking for somewhere to eat before the theatre
They understood time constraints, helped with suggestions and generally brilliant. Food was delicious not run of the mill and great vfm

1  Thank Keithybabey
Mumbai D, Manager at Mumbai Delight, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hi Keith,
Thanks for visiting us, how was theatre last evening, do share your experience with us. May be we can recommend it to our other guests.

I'm glad that your experience at our restaurant was good, thank you very much for feedback :)

Next time in case you run into similar time constraint situation, please give us call at 0207 091 0043 and we would have your food ready at your arrival. Alternatively could also do home delivery.

Hope to see you soon. [ Even when timing is not the limiting factor ;) ]