“Great food, excellent service”
Review of Bawarchi

Bawarchi
Ranked #8,653 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Dined here evening before last. Excellent service from very attentive waiters. Surprising in such a reasonably priced (for London) restaurant. The food was wonderful. I had the Tandoori mixed grill because it's one of my measures of an Indian restaurant. It was terrific. My partner had duck with lychee nuts in a mild sauce. Delicate and tasty. The pumpkin was also great. We found the spinach good but not out of the ordinary by comparison.

ps
I cannot access this restaurant on my TripAdvisor app - this should be fixed as such a place deserves to be known.

There are newer reviews for Bawarchi

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Use this place when celebrating at home with an Indian takeaway. Have also eaten here with family at lunch times. Generally, Bawarchi cater for evenings and I and my family have either eaten here at lunch time or order a take-away. AVOID SUNDAYS, as they seem to serve stale left-overs. It does not taste fresh and is luke-warm, a sign in itself!. We ordered a take-away at lunch-time on a Monday, two weeks ago. It was the best we had yet because the chef was obviously preparing for the evening service, possibly for the week!!!. We ordered again this Mother's day and the paratha was soggy, the food was not fresh and luke-warm. RESULT = stomach aches the next morning and created enough gas for us to sell to British Gas!!. The insult is when I called the following evening to complain, I was immediately told 'Our food is fresh. We do not keep it in the fridge' DAMN LIARS!!!! Will be reporting them to the local authority!

2  Thank Gastrome
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have been eating here for some years they always greet our family well, service is always, attentive & provides a great place for a large group, family of five like us or just a couple out for quiet dinner. There is a good selection of dishes everything I have sampled has been good, good bar selection and delivery when ordered for delivery comes hot and timely.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This used to be a local favourite, I recently had the jalfrezi and a chef's special and was severely disappointed. The food had some taste, mainly sweet and very spicy, however it lacked any depth of flavour. Portions were small (mainly sauce). What a shame, this used to be one of the few good Indian restaurants in Kensal Rise.

2  Thank Pjorange
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The service was truly terrible. The staff are so condescending and arrogant it turned what should have been a pleasant evening into a real struggle. The food was mediocre but given that there are 2 other indian restaurants very near by with far more attentive and pleasant staff I would use these in future.

1  Thank Gallimah