“Pleasantly surprised”

The Slug and Lettuce
Ranked #13,903 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant and bar concept is synonymous with great food and drink, exceptional service and stylish surroundings. Our sleek contemporary venue is perfect for a private function or party. Beautifully located on St Katharine Docks right by the waterside and to an impressive backdrop of the Tower of London, The Slug & Lettuce Tower Bridge is the exciting newest addition to The Slug & Lettuce family. Our beautiful venue can be hired exclusively for up to 400 people and is the ideal place to hold any event; from a birthday to leaving drinks, Tower Bridge has the perfect backdrop and decor to suit everyone's needs.
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here about 6months ago, and also at the Living Room in Liverpool - however we had read the mixed reviews and were a little apprehensive. I'm pleased to say that we had a good experience, the service was timely and food well cooked. The staff also booked a cab for us, so all in all nothing to complain about.

• Greek first
London, England
“not up to stratch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

shame as we had gone to the one in nottingham and had a great time. The service at tower bridge was attentive but the food was indeed cold and not terribly tasty. Menu seemed inviting but I can't say I would return

Mersea Island, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC FOOD AND AMBIANCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a lovely meal here on Saturday night. Booked on line for a table at 7.30. No waiting for a table. Good menu. We had steaks which were cooked to perfection, so tender. Staff very friendly and attentive. There was a chap playing the piano and singing who was excellent. Different age groups were there and it really had a lovely atmosphere, Would definitely recommend and go again when we are next in London.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Fahie1950
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bag stolen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I also agree with other comments written. Very slow service bringing out food but it was nice when it did arrive. However, my bag was stolen from the back of my chair and although I blame the restaurant in no way for what happened, their help in locating the culprit who stole the bag was less than adequate. One of the managers did look at the CCTV but claimed the centre of the restuarant where we were sitting wasnt covered on the CCTV and then said she didnt have time to look properly because it was busy. A waiter laughed when I said it had been stolen and said "from here, no way, are you sure you came in with a bag?" I left my contact details with the restaurant so they could inform me if they found anything on the CCTV once they did have time to look but received no information from them until I rang them myself. So altogether the experience was not overly pleasant!!

1 Thank Anon139
Kent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude restaurant manager - food cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

16 Feb. We went here to celebrate a large family get together for a special birthday. What a mistake this was. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who was the maitre d, and then served drinks by a very friendly young waitress, all was going well until our starters turned up, 5 of which were Garlic Mushrooms on toast and they were all stone cold, obviously these were not made fresh to order and just put on the toast and slightly grilled, which meant they were stone cold underneath. That was only the start of it. The main courses then arrived and the rice on the laska dish was cold the steak sauces were freezing cold and the Restaurant Manager guy, came over and asked did we ask for the sauces to be hot !!!! I can only describe this man as rude, arrogant and very obnoxious, there was no "the customer is alway right with him". Mind you we did see him arguing with another table when we entered the restaurant. Obviously needs to go back and retrain in hospitality. After discussing the bill with the Maitre d, they did add some complementary shots and also a birthday desert for my dads birthday, but then on getting the bill, the dessert that was supposed to be complimentary was added to it. Avoid this place if you are looking for any type of nice meal, you would be better going to MacDonalds.

1 Thank Pauline S