“Early lunch”

Ranked #5,344 of 28,447 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived not long free they opened, so it was not too busy. Small plates of Italian food meant to be shared. The waiter recommended 4-5 dishes for 2 people. There were 3 of us but we didn’t want to eat that much. We ordered the Cacio e Pepe spaghetti, margherita pizza, and spinach. It was more than enough for the 3 of us who didn’t want to eat too heavily. The food was fantastic. It is a pretty pricey place but the food tastes authentic and delicious

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Manage your expectations. My family have been here before and wanted me to try it. Great window display that entices you in. The staff were fine with us, but I am sure some people will think they are not being attended to properly. It's an expensive Italian trattoria with varied dishes. They are small and they are expensive and as it says on the menu for two people you need 4 dishes to share. You could just order two each. But the idea is to share. Food was good but we were told that the food would come to the table as it was cooked and in no particular order. As it happens my seafood dish did not arrive until most of the other dishes had been finished. But as I knew so that was fine. I was surprised that bread was not put on the table as a matter of course. We had to ask for it. Food was ok, however my seafood mix was delicious. The food could have been hotter. Staff were reasonably attentive. Overall I enjoyed the place, but expect to pay big bucks for small dishes.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Walked into a very busy restaurant. Well looked after by great staff. You are encouraged to share food and this seems a little odd until you actually do it. All the food we had was cooked superbly and quite enjoyable. We enjoyed great service.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

This is the second time we have eaten here and have had the same result. The food is good but the concept is strange. We like tapas but the way the food comes out is annoying. What you think is a main dish comes out before what you think is an appetizer.. If you want a dish all to yourself because the portions are small that's not going to happen because the other person or people you are with will end up sitting there with nothing while you eat. The food just comes out so haphazard and they just throw it on the table. The service is terrible. You have to ask for everything - water, parmesan cheese if you can get the waiters attention .If you look distressed then a manager of sorts in a black suit will come over. We tried twice but won't try again. Make sure you have a reservation as it is packed.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2019

We managed to get a table on a Saturday night without booking (at about 8.30pm). The restaurant is very busy. The seats are quite close together (depending on where you get seated). You can eat at a bar area at the front of the restaurant (although I'm pleased we didn't as I don't think you would have had room for the food). We were advised on how to order and proceeded to order 5 dishes between the two of us. The dishes arrive as and when (which we were informed of). We seemed to pick very delicious choices (with the exception of the mushroom bruschetta which I didn't like but my son did...so its all down to personal taste). We were very full at the end of it. It is quite pricey and service charge is added on automatically but we were in Covent Garden, London so wouldn't expect anything else. The restaurant is noisy but has a really 'buzzy' feel to it.

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Ciccetti? Share your experiences!