“I have found what I'm looking for”
Review of Bar 61 Restaurant

Bar 61 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar 61 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening hours For food Monday until Sunday 12:30 to 23:00 Opening hours for drink Monday until Sunday 11:00 to 01:00
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have found what I'm looking for”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've just moved in to the Streatham Hill area and hoped to find a friendly, unpretentious place where I could go for a drink, get something to eat at the bar if I was alone, or meet friends for drinks and snacks or a full meal. Such places seem to be hard to find these days, but Bar 61 is a shining example. It's family run, which helps enormously. Anyone coming through the door is greeted and made to feel welcome, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Food is largely "tapas", more in the sense of "small plates" rather than to the letter of the law. It is nevertheless an opportunity to share a variety of dishes, well prepared using quality ingredients. There is also a wider menu offering staters/mains etc, perhaps better suited to the more formal raised dining area. It's got a great atmosphere, music is at a comfortable level and its regular clientele is made up of all age groups. A real gem.

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
“We love this place!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I absolutely adore Bar 61. It has a 'Cheers' feel to it with the bar very often full of the regulars and the restaurant at the rear busy too. Every time we enter we are welcomed like old family members. The bar and restaurant staff are all mature men and they treat all in a very friendly, courteous manner which is a welcome change compared to some other restaurants. The food is wonderful, home cooked and nutritious. I personally recommend the 'Pollo Valdostana'. You get a large plate full of chicken wrapped in ham with a wonderful cheese sauce. Absolutely delicious.

Because the restaurant is at the back and raised up you can leave Streatham High road behind and just focus on the person with you as the lovely music, which is not too loud adds to the atmosphere. Basically this place is a haven amongst London chaos. Go enjoy!

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely local tapas joint”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food here is not frozen - it is freshly cooked and I know this because they leave the kitchen door open and you can see someone standing there cooking it!

They have a wide variety of traditional tapas which has never failed to please. The vibe in here is very relaxed and the guy who runs it bends over backwards to make sure you have a nice time. He is extremely friendly and gives you free olives and a free plate of fruit after your meal.

If you come in here on your own it's also nice to sit at the bar where they usually show some sort of sports so it's good for families, couples and singletons alike!

• Visited November 2012
“Very pleasant atmosphere, the service was quick and the food was delicious.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our team meal, we look forward to going to our favourite local restaurant. Such good value for excellent tapas

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

On my visit to bar 61 with a group of my friends from work I was presently surprised with how friendly and warm the atmosphere was their. I was recommended by my brother to go and was worried that with a large group of us that Olathe service would be lost. I am very fond of Spanish tapas and bringing along two Spanish people! They absolutely loved the food especially the prawns!. The menu is reasonably priced and I liked the little extras they did after like a free drink. It's a clean and mellow place to go in the week and buzzing at full capacity on the weekend. I have since booked out Xmas party their for December.