TripAdvisor

Ranked #142 of 514 Dessert in London
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing crepes , friendly staff with fast service! A must place for crepe lovers ! Open from morning till late night, 7 days a week ! (My fav crepe is raclette, give it a try, you'll love it!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed September 17, 2019

Visited here a few times with no issues. This place is opposite Chelsea and Westminster Hospital so was so convenient to get a little sweet treat for my sister when I was visiting.
Unfortunately on one visit I decided to order a Vegan crepe this time for myself with just maple syrup. I ordered this as takeaway, when I opened the bag firstly as my takeaway container was not placed on the bag correctly as soon as I took out the container all the maple syrup had spillled in the bag and Then all over me once I proceeded to take the container out the bag.
Then once I opened the the container to finally try and enjoy my crepe with what maple syrup was left- the crepe was literally like plastic. I was given a plastic fork and knife which could not even cut through this inedible crepe. It was far from crispy!!
As I had got maple syrup all over me I then asked my nephew to pop back into the shop and ask for a replacement crepe. Firstly the gentlemen behind the counter became defensive towards my nephew and explained that it was like this because it was VEGAN! Sorry but I’ve been vegan for years and this is not the first time or will be the last time I’ve had vegan crepes from restaurants all over London. Then also his excuse was then that this was crispy and that there was nothing wrong with this. I could here him disputing with my 19yr old nephew so requested for him to speak to me on the phone. I was put through to a lady who seemed to be the individual that had made the crepe and I then explained to her that if she looked and touched the crepe she would see it was literally inedible. All I asked for was a simple replacement or my money back.
Then reluctantly I had no response, I heard her then request for the crepe back from my nephew and my nephew came back on the phone who I had to ask what was going on? He then explained from what he could see it looked like she was making a new crepe. While he stood waiting for the new crepe to be made I could still here the other man in the background going on about it being a vegan crepe and also that it was crispy and not plastic, hard or burnt. Finally a new crepe was handed over to my nephew in a new takeaway bag. No apology absolutely no acknowledgment of what my issue was.
When the new crepe was returned to me low and behold I was right this crepe was perfectly fine! It was soft, I could actually use the cutlery to cut through the crepe and enjoy with no issue! So I was right the previous crepe had been left on the hot pan for way too long!!!
Never returning to this place again! Pay the extra money and pop down to my old Dutch on Kings Road and get a large freshly made tasty crepe with lovely friendly customer service.

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I went in yesterday afternoon for a coffee and after a friendly chat with the lovely staff, I received an absolutely delicious mocha. They use real chocolate for hot chocolates and mochas and also serve a wide variety of non-dairy milk alternatives.
I had an very good experience

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Chelsea Creperie was the first place we ate after arriving in London. The food was good, but our order was not quite the way we ordered it. All savory crepes are buckwheat unless you ask otherwise. We did and got buckwheat anyway. Other than that, the food was great and the service friendly. Small interior so beware with large strollers etc.. Prices were reasonable for the area and the size of the portions. Menu was varied and you should be able to find something for everyone in your group. Portions would be enough to share for children or those that eat light.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I ordered a sugar and lemon crepe and a vanilla milkshake to take out just before closing. The milkshake was made from low-quality cheap ice cream, and the crepe lacked taste and texture. The slice of lemon was discoloured. The first time I think that I’ve ever left most of a milkshake or a crepe without finishing.

Disappointing.