“Sunday lunch”

Mon, 9/23
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #11,513 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Description: The Waterfront London has a room with a view, located on the River Thames in the exclusive St. George Wharf, south of the River, close to Vauxhall. We have created an urban space, hidden away, with a fantastic terrace on the River and an exciting menu. An amazing view of the Thames and all the famous attractions: London Eye, Batter Sea Power Station, St. George Tower the US Embassy. We have a 200 seat capacity so we are more than cable for hosting corporate functions, private dining and wedding reception. Our menu is extensive ranging from Steaks, Sea Food, Sushi and Burgers all freshly made to order. We have a fantastic selection of Cocktails in our vibrant bar area. Or relax on the terrace, enjoy a glass of wine, a salad, some Sushi or have a Shisha on the River. London's only Shisha Terrace on the river. Enjoy the vibe in our Bar, Restaurant and Terrace !
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A nice position with interesting views over the Thames. A River bus stop is just outside and it is only a few minutes walk from Vauxhall station.

The service was superb and the food was very good. Mind you the restaurant was exceedingly quiet; we were the only people there between 12:15 and 13:15 at which time it started to get busier. So 12:30 seems a good time to book a table.

We would go there again but not drink their wine at £30 a bottle!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (65)

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Service top-notch and the food and drinks it was amazing, the staff it was amazing from justas, diana, sergei.... thank you for you i will come back soon!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 23, 2019

Beautiful restaurant, but piss poor service and measly portions for some of the most expensive dishes. Our servers took forever to come check on us throughout the meal. The few times that they ever did.

I had a reservation for a group of 8, some of whom are celebrities on globally syndicated tv shows. I didn't bother mentioning it in person, but they didn't take notice. Which is fine - we wanted a low-key dining experience, but you'd think they'd at least be somewhat attentive.

I ordered the whole lobster (for nearly £40) and the portion was so pathetic I ended up ordering a full steak entree and sides just to have a decently satisfying meal there (another £35-40 for the entreé and £25-30 worth of side dishes). The steak was undercooked and gave me a sick stomach later. I was really hungry but couldn't finish it despite leaving hungry.

It was actually laughable how tiny my "whole lobster" was! It had no claws and only a tiny sliver of lobster chunks in each half. It was just barely even an appetizer's worth of lobster. My friend's £15 lobster roll that afternoon had more meat in it. This became a running joke throughout our meal.

Towards the end of our experience, we were rushed to leave. Despite them barely taking notice of us for the hour and a half we were there.

My friend is a vegetarian and ordered the quinoa entreé, which he asked to please have no tomatoes and no cucumber in. But of course it was full of both, making it inedible for him.

Not only will I not be back, but I will go a step further to actively tell my friends to NOT go here. It was absolutely appalling how careless they were with our service and general experience as they bantered and joked around near the bar area as we'd wait for service. An entire joke and a complete waste of money.

I spent £110 here and have had better dining experiences for £30.

1  Thank LutherToston
Manager-Waterfront, Owner at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear Luther,

I responded to the above review on Google 2 weeks ago, and i requested you contact me so I could help resolve.

Please email me on manager@thewaterfront.london and i will be happy to assist.

Thanks.

Hiten

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Stopped here for drinks and appetizers on my way to an event in the area. Great location with lots of outside seating along the river. Tons inside as well. I enjoyed the seared yellow fish tuna and oysters appetizers. I was extremely disappointed in the Grilled Jumbo Prawns. While they were delicious, they certainly were not jumbo by Maine, USA standards. Plus only three. I would have been OK - but they were also a quite a bit over-priced....which is why I expected them to be larger. You see for yourself in my photos. Get there early if you want a seat outside. They go fast. However, the outside seating is not for those who don’t want Hookah smoke in your face constantly while you are eating. I was early and found a seat away from the smoke only to have several people soon arrive and start with the Hookah. Most people didn’t seem to care or pay attention to where their smoke was going. One person seemed to actually direct it towards me. Go inside if this is something you don’t want. Also - don’t go if you are in a rush. Staff is extremely friendly, but also extremely slow. Two guys next to me waited 50 minutes for two hamburgers.

1  Thank L920DZbillb
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful afternoon. The staff were delightful and very friendly. The food was delicious and the ambience was a pleasure. The location is perfect as we were able to watch the activity along the Thames as we sat and eat together enjoying the view. Thank you.

Date of visit: June 2019