“If you want an excellent overview of London, Glen is your man”
Review of Gren Tours

Gren Tours
Ranked #70 of 679 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Glen Portch. I offer personalised, private tours of London and Britain for individuals, small or large groups. Tours can be on foot/public transport, by car or by bus for larger groups. Why choose me as your guide? I am the highest rated 'Blue Badge' qualified guide in the Tripadvisor London Tours and Activities listings. The 'Blue Badge' is the highest qualification awarded by the Institution of Tourist Guiding. As such, I am permitted to conduct tours inside many attractions such as Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
Blairsville, GA, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you want an excellent overview of London, Glen is your man”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We treat vacations in Europe like a short college course in history, art, economics, religion and politics. Glen Portch delivered! He was entertaining, interesting, intellectual and fun. He was happy to discuss any topic that popped into our heads (the plague of 1348 for example). We didn't get all of his British jokes, but we were so glad he tried them out on us! You can't go wrong with taking a private tour with Glen. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank WLSmith15

LaGrangeville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Trip to London would Not be Complete without Gren!”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

If you truly want to see England, then you have to hire Gren Tours. Our guide for the day was Glen, owner of the company. We opted for the full day Windsor, Stonehenge, and Bath tour. Instantly you realize the amount of knowledge Glen has. He met us at our hotel and we were off for the day. During the drive to each stop, Glen told us an incredible amount of information. He kept the kids laughing with his jokes and quizzes, and the adults happy with historic information.
When you get to each destination, he really shines. As we went through Windsor Castle, I noticed other tourists not with us trying to listen to everything Glen said. We felt like Celebrities having a guide just for us. At each stop you hear the complete history, and he even brings illustrations to help describe how things were.
A trip to London would not be complete without hiring Gren. I was worth every Penny! Thanks Glen.

USA
“The Best!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2009

April 2009: We took the Gren Tours' London Rock and Roll Tour. Our guide, Glen Portch, drove us all over London showing us one amazing rock and roll site after another - sharing with us his vast knowledge of rock and roll history. The tour was outstanding and Glen is fun, friendly and professional - the absolute best. I will definitely book another tour with Gren Tours. Thanks!

albany, NY
“See London with the Best - Gren Tours”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I was able to tour with Glen Portch on a Beatle's Tour in 2008. It was refreshing to have a tour guide that was so fully researched in every area of the Tour that he was leading. Glen turned a simple tour into a living documentary. He was fully researched and located sites that are not on itineraries for other tours. As anyone knows that travels extensively cliches happen. This tour was the smoothest of any I had been on. Glen Portch is an intelligent, charming and cool advantage to any trip. I would highly recommend Gren Tours for your next travel adventure. It is well worth the time and money

ashburn, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gren tours is superb!”
Reviewed April 8, 2009

What can I say??? Glen and his company Gren Tours rocks the socks off all the other rock and roll tours in London. My friend and I booked a tour with Glen on 4/4/09, not quite knowing what to expect. We told him beforehand what we were interested in and to our surprise, he went out of his way to research the bands and era --all and all we were more than satisfied. It was truly a custom tour! He even made a stop at Chelsea so I could pick up a souvenir soccer jersey for my son. Funny stories, music to accompany the sites we were seeing, and just his great personality made the tour ever so enjoyable. Would definately book another tour with Glen if he could stand driving us crazy American girls around again. Maybe next time a Stonehenge or Liverpool tour?? What d'ya think Glen????