“Glen is a priceless resource for travel to London.”
Review of Gren Tours

Gren Tours
Ranked #84 of 716 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Glen Portch. I offer personalised, private tours of London and Britain for individuals, small or large groups. Tours can be on foot/public transport, by car or by bus for larger groups. Why choose me as your guide? I am the highest rated 'Blue Badge' qualified guide in the Tripadvisor London Tours and Activities listings. The 'Blue Badge' is the highest qualification awarded by the Institution of Tourist Guiding. As such, I am permitted to conduct tours inside many attractions such as Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife an I traveled to Europe for our first anniversary with stops in London and Paris. I contacted Glen several months ahead of time based on recommendations from TripAdvisor users. From the very start Glen was extremely helpful in planning every detail to make sure we accomplished everything we wanted to in our short time there. Glen really knows how to make the best use of your time in the area and is extremely knowledgeable on just about anything related. He catered to our every need and differing interests and we both had a fantastic time with him. He's a great resource for your trip. His tours where very informative, interesting, and entertaining. If you're planning a trip to London, don't miss out and contact him today!

1  Thank dwreedii

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I had visited London a few times but didn't know it well enough to give a solid tour. We only had 4 days to enjoy London with our 3 daughters aged; 12, 14, 16 and one day was commited to seeing friends, seeing the Matisse Cutouts at Tate Modern and a few other pre-arranged activities. We wanted one full day of touring the sights and learning some history, politics and pop culture. We also didn't want tired unhappy daughters from walking all day! I did my research and came across Gren Tours - I was very happy we did this. We booked a full day in his very comfortable Mercedes Viano. He did some research on us as well and discovered I was in the food business so he designed the day in such a way to keep adults and children happy. He had points of interest for all of us; from the site of the movie Nottinghill or where the band One Direction was formed (which made our girls smile) to where Jimi Hendrix died, where Jimmy Page or Annie Lennox lived which was interesting to all of us. Of course all of the usual sights were covered and we had great vantage points for Changing of the guard. History and politics were covered and he made a stop at a great Fish n' Chips joint. All in all it was an incredible day and I would highly recommend Gren! His jokes are so bad you will laugh! Glen is a great host and ambassador for his beloved London!

1  Thank Peter N
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our family of 5 booked Gren Tours to take us to Windsor and Stonehenge for the day. We were picked up timely and Glen, our tour guide, gave us great information on the drive to Windsor. He was so knowledgeable. He related great to our 3 kids (ages 9-13). After a tour of Windsor Castle and the town of Windsor we headed to a fabulous Pub-style restaurant for lunch. It was a perfect setting in the quaint English countryside. That lunch in the pub was one of the highlights of our amazing trip. We then headed to Stonehenge and Glen was a great guide explaining all the theories of Stonehenge. We had a full, fun, fact-filled day our family will treasure forever.

2  Thank J L
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband, 9 year old son and I just visited London in late March. It was my first time in London and we only had 4 days so we decided a private tour would be best. We booked two 1/2 day tours; one was a driving tour and one was a walking tour. Glen and Nadia were great guides for us. They were so very knowledgable, friendly and showed us all the sites we could possibly squeeze into the tours and shared a great deal of history with us. They even made it fun for our son who was a bit under the weather with a cold. I would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Hart17
Reviewed March 19, 2014

WOW!! Glen is an outstanding guide-- like a human "google" of London, he truly knows his city! We booked an all day tour by car, and had a blast. Glen is knowledgable about the history and culture of London, with a fantastic sense of humor and ability to tailor the experience to what we wanted to see and do. Glen made quick work of seeing the Changing of the guard, efficiently guiding us around the back ways so that we caught great sights of the event without standing in crowds or wasting anytime. His suggestions about what was actually worth seeing and doing were right on. It was a pleasure to work with Glen from start to finish, and I would strongly recommend this tour to anyone wanting a great overview of the city!

3  Thank BodhisattvaHand