Tripadvisor
London

“Customer service is appalling! Get more staff please ”

The Larder at Walthamstow Wetlands
Ranked #1,417 of 1,819 Quick Bites in London
Description: You'll find us in the beautifully restored Engine House, with plenty of seating within the original building as well as an outside terrace offering stunning views over Walthamstow Wetlands. You can expect an array of Larder favourites including Union hand-roasted coffee, speciality teas and freshly baked cakes & pastries from our local bakers alongside a whole food menu.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

As a local in the immediate area this is pretty much my only choice for a coffee shop / cafe. So it’s so very disappointing that the service is so terrible.

Myself and my partner have visited this cafe 4 times now, every single time the service is the same. I understand weekends are a busy time but you are so severely understaffed! We have waited half an hour once for 2take away coffees (!) in fact they ended up stopping any coffees altogether which clearly means there is a serious staffing issue. Given you are a cafe I think there is a big issue that you can’t serve hot drinks when it gets busy. The staff are clearly stressed and have been rude / abrupt to us on all 4 occasions, not only that but we once witnessed a staff member visibly throwing cups into a sink in a rage and shouting that she was too busy. I even came during a quiet Tuesday afternoon and still had to wait 10 mins just for one take away drink.

It’s such a shame but we can’t recommend this place to anyone or return until you sort this issue out.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (27)

Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

We came in for morning coffee and returned for lunch after a walk on the wetlands. The coffee was excellent quality as was my lime, almond and polenta cake. For lunch I had a very nice vegetarian breakfast with mixed baked beans but only one poached egg. Overall the food was lovely but you pay for the quality.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Beautiful Wetlands site to enjoy a coffee on the terrace - be interesting to see how they cope in the winter thought when it's cold as there isn't a huge amount of seating inside

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019

The Wetlands are certainly beautiful and on entering the cafe it looks the part however this is where the positives end. I will never ever be offering my custom again.
As lots of reviews comment on I would need to agree that the customer service is appalling.
I left very annoyed and of course underwhelmed with The Larder.
If you are paying above the odds and the prices here are high I expect perfect service, anything should be no trouble and staff should be courteous and professional at all times - no exception. I didn't see this and therefore this will be my first and last visit here.
What a shame.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Sanscit
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Lovely stop off along the river with great food and really friendly staff. A regular spot for me and my friends - get the coppermill breakfast!

Date of visit: August 2019