Tripadvisor

Review of Flour & Grape

Flour & Grape
Ranked #1,748 of 27,735 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Delicious antipasti, fresh house-made pasta and gelato. Extensive wine list including 25 by the glass. Gluten free options available. Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had not booked but were able to get a tall table for lunch. The staff were very polite and knowledgeable about the menu. The drinks arrived in good time and the sharing starters and main course were not rushed. The food was very tasty especially the burrata and the pasta. We will definitely be going back

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (236)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I have been here with my partner.
To be honest the service was friendly and the bill ok. Regarding the food, was not good. Salty pasta, antipasti were not good at all.

I will never back again and I don't raccomend to any one . Better to pay a little more and eat better.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

I came here for an early lunch for my birthday.

We booked a table for half 12 as you can book tables for during the day.

The menu is pretty simple with only a small selection of pasta which felt like the restaurant had developed these dishes to perfection.

My partner and I both opted for the beef ragu and shared the pumpkin ravioli. The portions were far larger than our expectations and the taste was wonderful.

Staff were attentive and ready to bring over fresh water without having to ask.

It truly was a great experience to rival padella.

I would highly recommend!

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch by myself. Didn’t make a reservation but was seated right away (was a Friday lunch). I was told would need to give up the table in an hour but didn’t feel rushed to be honest. I ordered two pasta dishes and tea and the waitress offered to stagger my dishes so one would only come after I finished the first. I appreciated that a lot and was not disappointed by the food. I got the fazoletti and ravioli; I did think the ravioli was a bit pricey for how much you get. The fazoletti felt like the better deal and more filling. But both tasted great. Definitely worth getting multiple or some starters if you want to fill up as portions are on smaller side. Will be back for more / wine!

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Had been looking forward to visiting for sometime - I have been to gin bar downstairs a few times.
To their credit they do warn you that you have table for 90 mins but i have never felt so pressured to "get finished and get out" since my last trip to Wongkeis!!
Food was good but lunchtime portions are quite small. Wine was good and reasonably priced.
Just a shame it felt that they were more interested in getting me out than delighting me!

Date of visit: December 2019