Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
Review Highlights
Excellent meal and theatre visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from $117.60
from $81.00
from $118.90
More Info
All reviews jesus christ superstar seven brides for seven brothers peter pan covered dining picnic area inner circle evening performance great production talented cast singing and dancing second half unique experience west end play stage interval judas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful show, played to perfection. Loved it. The meal was such a great experience, in a superb setting, on a lovely evening.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Unfortunately we only saw half the performance of Little Shop of Horrors because of the weather, we were wet and cold. The show itself was excellent. The theatre itself is well designed and you get good views from all seats.However, the no umbrella rule, whilst one can understand the reasoning, does not necessarily mean that someone could not see behind, it would depend on the person holding the unbrella as low as possible. Again not complaining and I am sure another problem would be people putting up umbrellas at the slightest drop of water. Perhaps GBP10 for a burger and just a few chips a little expensive, but it is London.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

We had tickets to see the final matinee of Little Shop of Horrors last Saturday-sadly rain caused the show to be cancelled. However it was very easy to change our tickets for the evening show & final performance of the 2018 season. So glad we could this because the show was amazing-the cast & stagecrew were brilliant & kept going despite the rain. It’s such a beautiful venue for a theatre, hard to find a seat with a bad view. At night the bar & seating area is all lit up with fairy lights & looks quite magical. Haven’t had a meal here, but drinks, snacks & ice creams are available during intervals. Definitely a great London experience.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been a few times; and we’ll certainly be back. The theatre is great - unusual, raking a chance with the weather. But unpretentious and fab. This time we saw Little Shop of Horrors which was super - but we’ve loved every production we’ve seen here. A great venue, somehow intimate yet not too close.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We arrived on the rainest day ever in london, it was terrible and thought it would be cancelled. Luckily the rain stopped an hour before. We watched the little shop of horrors and it was excellent. The cost we're incredible and we loved the venue. The views from all seats is excellent and the food and drink inside we're very nice. I will most definitely be back!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

First visit to this theatre and well impressed - seats are not particularly wide but they are comfortable and there is a reasonable amount of leg room. The stage is set in the round and the seating is set in quite a steep amphitheatre which is a major bonus because it means there are no visibility issues with hats or big hair from the row in front. Their heads are at about your knee level.
Easy to find from Baker Street Tube station, approx. 5 to 10 minutes walk. Turn left out the main entrances and walk past Sherlock's statue and Madame Tussauds and then a straight forward left into the park. As you continue through the park gates you will see the theatre ahead and to the left.
Staff were friendly and well organised so getting in, even at peak arrival time, was very easy. Heartily recommend their pear and elderflower sorbet for the interval. Actually they had quite a good selection of tempting nibbles...
Be aware that if you are there for an evening show, your exit will not be through the park. The walk back to Baker Street is downhill through low lit wide roads that are almost devoid of traffic. Just watch out for the odd car and taxi as it is very easy to forget and just walk in the road.
Highly recommended venue. Open air theatre is a unique and refreshing experience

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

I was actually with my partner and our 28 year old daughter. We went to Little Shop of Horrors. Clive has directed this in a small London venue with our eldest and long been a favourite. The costumes, choreography, singing and acting were second to none. Spoke to people next to me, who didn't like theatre or musicals but loved the film and they loved it too!! Highly recommended.
On a foot note, to the many people who stopped when my weak ankle gave way and I fell in the road, thank you so much, faith in human nature restored. Now recovering with crutches as had to walk so far, which did my ankle no good, afterwards. Especially one gentleman, whom, despite me feeling dazed, I remembered kept checking I was OK.
Kind regards Carol

Reviewed September 18, 2018

I took my little sister to see Little Shop of Horrors and it was amazing. The cast, set and the music was all fantastic! We especially loved Audrey 2 as it was nice to have a different spin on the Plant! The venue is great, not too far from the tube station, and it is very clean. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will return to watch another show at the Open Air Theatre soon!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed September 18, 2018

My wife and I went to see The Little Shop of Horrors which is the 5th time we have been to the theater. I think that this is the best show I have ever seen on the stage, good fun, well acted and with great songs. we had the prepaid picnic (which was not as good as last year) and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I didn’t know about this theatre until the actress that plays Audrey was on Sunday brunch and it is a lovely theatre and the show is one of the best we’ve seen. We will be definitely be going back