“Really lovely place for a quick Lunch”

Petersham Nurseries Delicatessen
Ranked #17,740 of 28,445 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Delicatessen brings the spirit of an authentic Italian café to an elegant setting in central London. A magnificent brass counter brims with seasonal quiches, sandwiches and salads that change on a daily basis. Enjoy organic coffee and loose-leaf tea along with a slice of cake or freshly baked pastry, to have in or to take away. A collection of own branded crockery, teapots and elegant glassware from La Goccia and The Petersham, are found amongst sweet and savoury gifts, tins of Petersham Nurseries tea and bottles of Zisola olive oil.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The atmosphere of this deli was lovely, chilled and the staff were friendly. It was so wonderfully simple but every option was perfected.
Having wooden cutlery was a bit frustrating but I thought it was a great way of making it easy to go in and out at your own speed.
Overall definitely recommend !!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t quite believe this is run and managed by the same company. I wish I had read the reviews below before visiting as I assumed it would be fantastic.
Very untidy. No one clearing up regularly
And what is with the disposable cups??? That’s unforgivable. I didn’t bring my refillable cup as I assumed I wouldn’t need it.
Wooden cutlery that is also impossible to eat with and also being thrown away.
Even if they don’t have adequate dishwasher facilities it could be taken across to one of the other restaurants surely?
Staff unfriendly and brusque.
Really don’t bother. There are plenty of other places.
And Petersham its not doing you any favours.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Amazing quiche and salad selection at a reasonable price, especially for Covent Garden... but what’s with the wooden cutlery?? So difficult to cut the quiche and I noticed others struggling!!
Wooden cutlery = takeout?

Reviewed August 11, 2019

The main restaurant directed us to the deli for afternoon tea. Looked great from the outside but once entered the service and standard was poor. The person serving seemed preoccupied and when I asked him if my £.2.50 cup of tea could be served in a cup or pot rather than a paper cup he almost snapped NO. The milk offered was in a large jug and so I too enquired whether this was full fat or semi skimmed (I wanted semi skimmed) and once again the person serving barked "full fat". I then had to ask for semi skimmed as this was not offered.
On entering the seating area there were plenty of dirty paper cups,plates and tables. Our table were filled crumbs and although we sat there for a good 45 minutes no one came near to clean up or wipe the table.
I should add I have visited the Petersham Nurseries cafe in Richmond numerous times and in complete contrast the cafe there is wonderful with great tea served in china and helpful staff.

Reviewed August 7, 2019

We wanted to get an afternoon tea from the main restaurant but we were sent to the deli. The place is quite small with only a few tables. No real service (the table still had the plates from the previous customer by the time we had left) so deserves an average rating.