“Spicy Supper”

Chutneys
Order Online
Ranked #12,602 of 27,667 Restaurants in London
Reviewed February 15, 2019

I have not often had the chance of a curry at Chutneys for it is some way from my home. A return visit was therefore something to look forward to and it turned out again to be very much my taste. We all enjoyed our curries and one member of our group, who is not an easy eater, demolished his dish in short order. Service was friendly and good and although a little slow was hardly noticed for we were busy with our beers which we had brought with us.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I visited Chutneys a couple of weeks ago with two friends. I've been going to this restaurant for years as it's local and you can bring your own alcohol which keeps the costs down. It's always been one of my favourite places to eat but possibly no longer. It had obviously had a change of staff when we were last in there and there were a few differences. It was a boiling hot day and unfortunately the air con wasn't on so it was sweltering in there - I'm not sure if this is a temporary blip. They'd replaced the cloth napkins with paper ones and the tablecloth on our table was dirty. This was disappointing as the place used to be immaculate. We also heard one of the staff shouting quite aggressively at someone in the kitchen which made us feel uncomfortable.

Having said all that the food was still very good. So perhaps if they can sort out the air con, change the tablecloths, and stop the verbal abuse of kitchen staff it may improve again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Small but lovely restaurant
Great service from great guys
Truly great food
Varied menu to either eat in or have delivered
This restaurant is not licenced but you can get your drinks from the handy shop across the road to take in

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2017

This unlicensed Indian restaurant is a real gem situated in a side street near New Barnet Station. This is my second visit and I was not disappointed with either the quality of the food or the service. It is also great value, especially as you can bring your own beer or wine without a "corkage" charge. The only downside is it's small size, which is not suitable for large groups of diners. I will definitely be returning to try some of their other dishes on the menu.

Date of visit: September 2017