“Excellent food and service -- despite the location”
Review of Maison Du Mezze

Maison Du Mezze
Ranked #1,301 of 24,547 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Leave the bustle of London’s ‘theatreland’ behind you for the buzz and charm of the Middle East! Maison du Mezzé is the Capital’s best Middle-East dining experience, offering authentic Lebanese-inspired brunch, lunch and dinner dishes with the warmest hospitality. All dishes are freshly prepared daily in the restaurant kitchen using the finest seasonal produce and, of course, spices and herbs from our Middle East heartland. The interior is set over two floors and all part of the Middle-East experience with Arabian carpets and artwork, gilded ceiling and a mix of banquette and booth-style seating separated by ferns and trailing plants. The large covered outdoor terrace beckons in finer weather where you can also enjoy a Shisha in true Middle-East style.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

OK if you asked someone what to expect from a slap on Leicester Square tourist ground zero location it wouldn't be pretty -- perhaps the culinary equivalent of the piped in choco stink in the M&M store a block away -- at best adequate and probably over priced to boot.

Well the surprise about Maison Du Mezze is how much it belies it's tourist location and delivers solid, good value Lebanese food.

Based on two visits in the past month we can strongly endorse the overall experience. But before you get to food my first bit of advice is not to sit outside unless you really want to have obnoxious buskers and street "entertainers" blasting out your eardrums. Inside you'll find a good range of well spaced tables and, if you want, live sports on flat screens (?)

The menu is straight up Lebanese with a great cross section of small dish/Mezze options (plus pizza pasta and sandwiches for those that find this a bit too alien). We stuck with a variety of vegetarian choices among which the aubergine fatoush, mousaaka batinjan and Kallaj were all top choices -- look for 2-3 or so dishes per person and you should be well off. One niggle could be a bit more flatbread as the amount they serve is a bit less then you need (or want)

Desserts were also much better than we expected -- Aish El Saraya (a caramalized bread pudding) put most other bread puddings to shame and the rice pudding was also very subtly and carefully flavored -- they are very sweet however

I would have liked to see some Lebanese wine available by the glass, the by the glass options are pretty expensive and very unadventurous but overall the prices are very fair especially given the location

Service is efficient and friendly but not over solicitous which suits us, advice is freely given but only if you ask for it.

All in all a very solid Lebanese and well worth checking out

Amoryn V, Manager at Maison Du Mezze, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Simon G,

I am so glad to hear of your positive dining experience with us, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. Meanwhile I hope we can welcome you back to Maison Du Mezze soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Masion Du Mezze in Leicester Square with friends and it was awesome. The food was absolutely wonderful, from preparation to presentation, very pleasing.

Dear Mo A

I am so glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed your meal at Maison Du Mezze, I will pass on your kind comments to our staff, and meantime we hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family had just taken part in the Vitality 10k run and were hungry for good food and wow were we rewarded with some excellent Lebanese dishes. Well recommended by all of us - great location and authentic tastes. We really enjoyed this gem of a restaurant.

Dear DeriJohn,

I am so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your meal at Maison Du Mezze after your 10k run. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff, and meantime we hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate late one midweek evening - restaurant was not busy but service was a little slow. My friends ordered the chicken mixed grill which looked amazing. I made the mistake of ordering the Arayes Maison which I had never had before - described as: Freshly baked Lebanese flat bread stuffed with marinated minced lamb and cheese. It wasn't "stuffed" with anything - I would describe it as a thin pancake spread thinly with something brown which didn't taste of anything and no cheese. At £17, a bit of a rip off.

Dear Karen E,

Thank you for taking time to review Maison Du Mezze. I am disappointed to hear of your negative experience of your meal – I would like to discuss this further with you – please email me on amoryn@maisondumezze.com.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Were sat quickly on a busy bank holiday, great given that we hadn’t booked or anything. Greeted with smiles but little consistency over who serves you. Seems to be lots of staff that do lots of standing- maybe it was just quiet at that time but it didn’t seem it. Cocktails were ok, but not out of this world and so over priced for what they were and yes I do realise that I am saying that about central London. Food wise we had a mixed starter with humous and falafel which was good. For main we had a mixed hot mezze which was below average, the meat was very dry and we left most of it. There was a man smoking tabacco behind us and so I quietly mentioned it to one of the waiters and rather than thanking me for bringing this matter to his attention to address he simply said oh yes he was smoking earlier, would you like me to move you to a different table? It was only when I had re-emphasised that it was illegal that he then went and had a word with the gentlemen who was only too obliging to stop. I should not be asked to move for someone else’s illegal activities and this should be addressed by the restaurant and not simply accepted. Tainted the meal.

Dear Isabelle H,

Thank you for taking time to review Maison Du Mezze. I am disappointed to hear of your negative experience – I would like to discuss this further with you – please email me on amoryn@maisondumezze.com.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.