“Hot wings spicy but good!”
Review of Machiya

Machiya
Order Online
Ranked #5,005 of 28,484 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

I was warned that the hot wings were spicy but i can eat spice so obviously had to go for them. Little did i know, they meant it.

However, with the amount of water i drank, i was able to devour these delicious wings! Gyu don was also very very good with the onsen egg. Will be returning

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (87)

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

I ate here on a mealpal meal. The meal was surprisingly excellent and the chicken really well cooked. I will definitely eat her again. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because they could improve on the rice which was mushier than expected

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank travelleruk27
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I came here with my wife for lunch a week earlier. Menu is simple and straight forward which is usually a bonus as I hated the endless pages of choices and options some places offer.
Food is nice with balanced flavour. The special chicken wings on the menu requires a bit more spice as I felt it lacked enough fire.
Being seated at the counter was in my opinion more satisfying than at the tables as it looked cramped in places which is probably to be expected in some of the side alley buildings around London Westend.
There is a downstairs bar which is hidden somewhat unless you were looking for the WC. Most likely trades from early evening onwards.
Attendants were polite and well mannered. I didn't get to try the dessert on this visit but I look forward to doing so in the future. All in all a good meal at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 27, 2019

My expectation on Japanese food is always high (except those fast food chains such as Wasabi or Itsu, these are for quick lunch to fill up my stomach).
I have tried the Chicken Teriyaki Don. The taste is good but not excellent (most of the Japanese Restaurants offer really good food). Portion is well small, considering it was a Don (a large bowl of rice with a dish on the top). The price is slightly on the high side. In addition, a 12.5% service charge was charged to the bill. They took my order and then bring me the dish. Does it worth 12.5% tips? This restaurant is ok. However, I will not come back because I know a few other Japanese eating places, which offer equal or better food with better value for money.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

I have to admit, I was really disappointed with the food. My chicken was really over cooked, not to mention it was all of the offcuts of meat, meaning it was chewy and of poor quality. There was meant to be a sauce, but it was incredibly dry. I barely touched my food and I was not asked if I enjoyed my food, or if anything was wrong.

Service was good however and staff friendly.

Date of visit: April 2019