“Lovely food, great service..wine was excellent”

Helene Darroze at The Connaught
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #545 of 28,484 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Helene Darroze at The Connaught has closed its doors for a two-month refurbishment led by acclaimed French design house, Pierre Yovanovitch Architecture d’Interieur. Pierre’s aesthetic focuses on bold-re-imaginings of historic spaces, combining the contemporary with luxury materials. Celebrating its 10thanniversary this year, the restaurant is not only undergoing design alterations to the main dining room, but is also incorporating a new “Chef’s Table” and will boast a dedicated Armagnac Room for pre and post dinner drinks and private events. The re-opening, scheduled for September 2019, will showcase a new menu, rooted in Helene’s culinary style, with a larger focus on British producers and suppliers.
Reviewed August 6, 2019

The food here is amazing. The tasting menu with matching wine was excellent The duck main was excellent and the rhubarb dessert was just amazing. Dietary and allergy requirements were expertly handled.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank suneetm2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Staying at The Connaught 2-3 times a year, I've dined at Helene Darozze on a number of occasions and highly recommend a visit. As for this visit...

From arrival to departure, service was excellent - friendly & attentive. A particular thanks to Oscar. The tasting menu with matching wine was excellent. Dietary and allergy requirements were expertly handled.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank nick164
MirkoBenzo, Manager at Helene Darroze at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear Nick164,

It has been truly heartwarming to read your kind words about your recent experience with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed everything so greatly and you that you decided to once again dine with us.

Please be assured that I have passed all of your wonderful comments along to the entirety of our team.

Both myself and the team eagerly await your return to The Connaught, so that we can have the pleasure of you join us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2019

Visited for my father's 70th. The restaurant didnt disappoint. Lovely dining room, very good service - highly attentive, and the food was top notch. Had the lobster starter, duck main and rhubarb dessert - all excellent. Matching wines were also great.

One thing to make others aware of when considering booking here is that you are waited on hand and foot. So you will be feel like a VIP, but also wont go long without attention from a member of the front of house.Depending on what you are looking for, this might or might not be desirable. For a special occasion where you want a lot of attention this is ideal.

My only constructive criticism to the restaurant, is that whilst the reception staff and waitresses were all lovely, the sommelier could have been warmer and more friendly.

Overall an excellent experience. And great value for the lunch set menu.

Dear James T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your lunch here at Hélène Darroze at The Connaught. It is delightful to know that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed the cuisine, wine and service so greatly. Please be assured that I have also discussed the comments you have made within our team.

We hope to have you join us again in the future to celebrate many more birthdays.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

I had an incredible evening, everything was perfect from the service to the food.
The menu is great , only few numbers of dishes to chose from.
The atmosphere is really welcoming, its not too noisy, the walls and seiling are incredibly stunning.
For what concerns the food, i mean there is not one bad thing i could thing off. I've been to several 2-3 Michelin stars Restaurant and this one honestly its the best so far.
Everything was perfect from the tastes, flavors, presentations of the dishes, amount of food ( you dont come out hungry!!!),....
I tried Petrus, and Gordon Ramsay but now i can officialy declare that Helene Darroze for me is really the best restaurant that London has and on top of it the chef is woman which makes it even more special to me !
Chapeau bas, well done, you made my night! Can't wait to come again!

Dear Gege_7474,

Thank you so much for your truly wonderful words about your dinner with us. It is lovely to read that the entire dining experience you had exceeded your expectations.

From the entirety of our team we extend our gratitude to you. We eagerly await your next visit, and many more after that in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2019

A beautiful restaurant with echt French service that makes a meal an event. One chooses a five or seven course menu, heavily tilted towards excellent seafood dishes on a recent visit; hake, red mullet and lobster all impeccable.The wine program is amazingly expensive, perhaps to be expected with two Michelin stars in Mayfair.We found it a comfortable place for a grand evening of carefully prepared food.

Date of visit: July 2019
MirkoBenzo, Manager at Helene Darroze at The Connaught, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Dear 6doctors,

I would to begin by extending my gratitude for your lovely words in regards to your dining experience with us. I am delighted to know that everything lived up to your high expectations of Hélène Darroze at The Connaught.

From both myself and the entirety of our team, we very much look forward to welcoming you through our doors in the future.