“Perfect stay in Golders Green”
Review of Croft Court Hotel

Croft Court Hotel
Ranked #89 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed for 2 days in November. I was recommended by friend who had stayed there previously and had had a good experience.
I arrived late in the evening. I was greeted by a pleasant receptionist.
I had a very clean room with all amenities. The weather had just turned quite cold and I was pleased the heating was working well ! The bathroom was well kitted out with all the soaps,shower gel etc one needed.

Breakfast good.... plently of choice.

To summarise I would certainly recommend this hotel. It,s clean comfortable,friendly staff and in good location and good value

Room Tip: ask receptionist !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CroftCourt, Owner at Croft Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, I remember that day it was freezing.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

we like always to come back because the very good service and the friendly staff we are feeling there at home the rooms are always very clean.
and this is why we always recommend this hotel to all our friends

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you that is a great positive review, we have just refurbished the entire hotel, so were really excited to welcome you or your guests back, to see what we have done.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice and very clean room... fresh and very good breakfast. extremely extremely nice and kind service. it was really a pleasure to stay in the hotel loking forward to going there again.....
Highly recomend

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you again soon, we have refurbished the entire hotel in January so were all very excited to promote what is the best Hotel in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This is Fawlty Towers - kosher style.
I have never stayed in a hotel where there was no COLD water in the room-only hot water.
we stayed two nights and despite complaining DIRECT TO THE OWNER the problem was never fixed 12 hours later,and then 24 hours.
surely even a breach of health regulations.
...and i'm not even mentioning the safe that was locked for the first 24 hours of our stay...despite 3 requests to unlock.
there is new management ,so the previous reputation of this hotel is nonnexistant.
I did not question the bill and contacted the owner after I left to complain....and mention that I do Tripadvisor reviews.....at which point he offered to refund the bill if I didnt write a review.
bottom line....stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Roz D

I have spoken to the person who wrote this, and he has agreed to take it down, as he agreed it is not entirely true, however it is still here so I have to answer it.

To start, we have had a major refurbishment here, and made vast improvements to the hotel, we have changed the entire water system, and made additional improvements to the water pressure by adding two very expensive water pumps and boilers, I have doubled up on everything so if one water tank fails another kicks in this means we will never be without hot or cold water.

In addition we have refurbished all the rooms, new carpet, new lighting, new TV's, new soft furnishings, we have done a lot, as we bought this hotel in april 13 we have planned the works to fall in january, we couldn't do this any earlier as we had to honour the previous owners bookings.

We are aware that there have been minor water issues, however there was and is cold water, and hot water, the balance wasn't adjusted correctly, it was not an issue and falls within the legal remit, however we have listened to our customers and made vast improved everything.

I would like to add that we DONT AND WILL NEVER offer anyone money not to write a bad review, as you have agreed that this didn't actually happen, we respect the unbiased nature of tripadvisor reviews and choose to remain working with tripadvisor, 99% of the review we get are excellent, and we constantly look to improve this hotel, from service to the physical appearance, we are not perfect, but we capable of making changes, as we have already don't with the BIG refit we have undergone.

If you are in london, please come and say hello, we are very excited to show you how the new hotel looks, and all the hard work we have done to get it to a 5 star level.

P.S It was actually me who fixed your safe when you first asked us to, this was completed 10 mins of you letting me know and not 12 or 24 hours, maybe there is some confusion here?

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent a week at the Croft Court Hotel in October 2013 and highly recommend it. Great location-close to restaurants, shuls, transportation. Accommodations were very clean-excellent service, very friendly & eager to please staff. Home-like atmosphere. We would opt to stay there again.
G & P
Monsey, NY

Room Tip: Room 9 was very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hobo613

Hello,

We try to create a homely atmosphere, so it great to hear that its working, after a hard day touristing its good to come back to a a place that feels like home, thats what were trying to achieve.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we have just refurbished so were excited for you to come back and see the difference.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We add a great time at Croft Court Hotel.
it's situated on Golders Green in a quiet and lovely area and the hotel itself is also quiet and lovely. The area is great for jews people (there are lots of kosher resturants and Synagogues) and the hotel had a kosher breakfast and keys for Shabat.
The best thing that I was impressed on the hotel is the service. The people from the hotel were very nice and kind to us and helped us on everything we need, including when we had problems with some tickets that we ordered before arriving to London.
Very recommended!.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hi,
And thank you for your review, we pride ourselves on the service here, so its a bonus for us to hear were doing something right.

We have just refurbished the whole hotel, you wont recognise it when you come back.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My young son and I stayed briefly at Croft Court Hotel about 10 days ago. I arrived feeling quite unwell having picked up a virus. Both Edan and Michael (proprietors and managers) couldn't do enough to make us comfortable, arranging taxis to and from the doctor, allowing my son to 'help out' so that I could rest and recover before our long flight home, and generally showing the sort of kindness that you would expect from a friend or family member. A very comfortable, clean and well appointed boutique hotel in a quiet street which, when refurbished later this year, will be even better and a 'must stay' destination for anyone wanting a warm, welcoming family friendly hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi,
Thank you for that review, it was not trouble at all for us, we enjoyed your sons company while you were recuperating, and hired him as our new security guy.

We have been busy refurbishing the hotel, and hope you come back to visit us soon.

Take care and regards to Tom.