“Helpful staff - unhelp and abrupt manager.”
Review of Paradiso

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed November 22, 2011

six of us went into the restaurant we booked about a week in advance and the reservation had been lost it but they would fit us in. Yet next time we should ring them to make sure they have the reservation.
We were seated on a table towards the back of the restaurant and all of a sudden a leak came from the ceiling. Not their fault but no apology - distinct lack of customer service.
We ate of the set lunch menu as we wanted a quick meal and then on to a meeting so no wine and only wanted tap water.
It was not my choice to eat here the chairperson organised it - I have an illness and can only eat bland food without spices or onions. When I go out I often only have something plain like gnocchi and a white sauce. I asked the manager if she could accommodate my wishes and got a stern no and was told gnocchi was far too expensive and she would not do it. This has happened before to me in the past yet most restarants will say sorry we can't do it for that price but if you'll pay a big more we will -proactive make the customer feel good. Yet this place basically a solid no. I had to accept fussili with sausage and broccoli in a white sauce. It would have been nice if the pasta had actually been cooked, it was quite crunchy which was strange because everything else been cooked within an inch of its life.
When the bill came the manager said she had include the compulsory service charge of 10%. firstly service is not compulsory in England and secondly if i get bad service or an awful meal I want it removed. I told the manager and this was like a red rag to the bull she shouted something in Italian to the servers who started giving us dirty looks. It made the rest of the party feel very uncomfortable. I paid and asked for a vat receipt and i got huffed at again but got the receipt. I would avoid this place there are plenty of other eateries in the area, only choose this place if you like poor food, bad service, have water in a bottle shipped from Italy and never remove the service.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

This restaurant is famous and has been around since the 50's. It's famous for Sicilian dishes and I must say that the food and service is very good. It is a bit expensive considering its in a small street in Bloomsbury - but I'd rather pay for great quality.
Would thoroughly recommend a visit

Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was just around the corner from our hotel, so we just stopped in and were welcomed with fabulous service and delicious food and wine.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

We've been at Paradiso on our first night because it is near our bnb and someone recommanded it to us. We were please with our meal. 3 of us eat pizza and 1 spaghetti. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

We had a very basic bruschetta, a not too impressive risotto and a very nice pizza.
The wine list was simple and cheap, and the service was very friendly.

I would recommend it if you just need something to eat but not if you are looking for a large wine selection a higher end cuisine.