I only stayed at this hostel for two nights, which was fine - Any longer and I would definitely have preferred to stay elsewhere. The rooms are very small and crowded, with only two powerpoints (one of which was taken by one person the entire time, they were also in a corner that could barely be reached due to bags and a sink in the way - it was really inconvenient, many of us had to charge our phones in the common area instead), barely any room for luggage, and the doors would start to beep loudly if you didn't close them within a second or two. The one good thing about the rooms were that the bunks had curtains, which is nice. I found that the heating was up far too high, I kept waking up in the middle of the night sweating! The showers are the type where you push a button and get maybe 20-30 seconds of hot water. If there was more than one other person in the shower block with you, you could say goodbye to that hot water. There were maybe 15 showers in the block, so it was nice not having to wait. There is also no proper door or shelves in the showers, just a curtain, so you need to leave your towel hanging outside and all your stuff in another area. There were lockers, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered paying to use them. The common room was VERY crowded, to the point where it was uncomfortable. Breakfast was just cornflakes and toast. The milk was off the first morning I was there. The wifi was pretty unreliable and unavailable in the rooms unless you pay extra. 6 pounds to use the washer and drier, and none of the sinks have plugs, making hand-washing really difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hostel is in the heart of London, a 10-minute walk from King's Cross Railway Station and the British Library. It provides budget accommodation with free WiFi access throughout. The Smart Hostel Russell Square offers beds in mixed-sex dorms. Linen is provided and security lockers are available in all rooms. Shared and en-suite facilities are available depending on room type. Reception is open 24 hours a day, and there are no curfews or lock-out times. Guests can receive tourist information and discount tickets for major attractions. The hostel's common room features a large TV, and some shared kitchen facilities are available. Self-service laundry facilities and an internet cafe are also offered on site. Russell Square Underground Station is 252 yrd away. The Foundling Museum, Islington Farmers Market and University College London are all within 10 minutes' walk. Camden is a great choice for travellers interested in Theatre, Museums and Culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Smart Russell Square Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart Russell Square Hotel London
- Smart Russell Square Hostel London, England