69TheGrove
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
1,292 results
All reviewsvauxhall stationkanley davidgreat hostsfresh fruit saladvictoria lineb and bfresh flowers in the roomother gueststhe main houseensuite roombed and breakfastevery morninghome away from homeplace to stayquiet neighborhoodfull english breakfastguest house
Reviewed October 29, 2010

It was our first experience of London and Kan and David defintely made it a memorable experience. We ejoyed the freshly made breakfast, especially the beautiful fresh salad, and chats with our fellow travellers. Kan and David were very helpful, assisting with directions and advice on where to go and what to do. I had an injiury which required ice-packs every night, Kan and David were very obliging and understanding-there was always a well-stocked supply of ice. 69TheGrove was very central, close by the tube, easy to navigate to and from London sights.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We are a family of 3 - 2 adults and 1 16yr old who stayed for four nights in the actual B&B before we went off on our trip around England in the car, and then we stayed for three more nights in the apartment after our trip before leaving England -so seven nights there altogether.

Both stays were very good. Our room in the B&B was in the basement in the front. It was a really good size if you are two people, and it had a really comfortable king size bed. However, because we had our 16yr old we couldn't move in the room. So my recommendation is to definitely book an additional room if you are more than 2 people - especially with international traveller luggage. I mean we only had one piece of main luggage each, but there was absolutely nowhere to put it in the room with the extra bed.

The room rates are very reasonable so it would be well worth booking the extra room. We decided to return to London for three nights at the end of our trip and so before we left we asked Kanley if we could book two rooms in the B&B for our return. But the B&B is so popular he couldn't offer us rooms in the actual B&B , so he offered the apartment which is around the corner. The apartment is 4 bedrooms and we wanted 2 of them. So if you are staying in the apartment you need to realise that there may be other people there, however we had the exclusive use of the main bathroom and the two bedrooms. There was another very nice couple who stayed in the other bedroom and they had their own ensuite. We were really grateful for the use of the washing machine after not having been able to wash our clothes whilst travelling and the bathtub in the apartment was really great as well. So all in all the apartment worked really well for us. The beds were only doubles but very comfortable. The only issue to know about with the apartment is that it is on the top floor of a Victorian building with 88 steps to climb up the four flights, but Kanley will organise for your luggage to be taken up there. We actually enjoyed the exercise after the big breakfast!

Kanley's breakfast is famous and the reviews are correct. The fruit salad every morning was fantastic. Always fresh and included all seasonal fruits with delicious yoghurt. He offers full english plus mushrooms and baked beans, there is cereal if you want, toast, coffee. All absolutely excellent. Accommodation for people at breakfast is a big issue for this B&B. The table is basically in the kitchen and seats about 10 people at a pinch. There are two tables in a tiny courtyard alongside the kitchen which is where I would want to eat every day if it was the summer. There was room for us to eat inside for two mornings of the 7 we were there. The other mornings we had to sit outside and some mornings it was freezing. Lucky it wasn't raining, because I don't know what would happen then. In Australia we have LPG gas heaters for that situation, and if they have them in England Kanley should definitely get a couple of small ones because as the winter comes on I don't now how people could sit out there. When the two tables were also taken up outside I noticed people were sitting up at the kitchen bench eating their breakfast, which I would not have been happy about.

The location of the B&B is excellent. We had jet lag the first morning and were up around 4 am. We went for a walk along the bank of the Thames and walked all the way to the London Eye which took about 15 minutes so very close and a lovely walk. The restaurants near the apartments that Kanley recommended were excellent.

Thank you very much to Kanley and David for allowing us to stay in your lovely B&B and apartment and thanks to Louis and Kieran who serviced our apartment and served our breakfast every morning. Great B&B guys.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I booked '69 The Grove' as there was such great reviews ! I was staying with Kanley & David for a month on my own and was quite apprehensive at first but they made me feel very much at home and always informed me about new guests staying in the apartment so I always felt safe and secure. The location was excellent! just around the corner was a tube and bus station and across the road from the apartment was supermarkets and nice walks along the thames. I was not much of a breakfast eater until I went to '69 the grove' !the breakfasts were excellent and Kanley brightened many a morning for me with his great sense of humour ! When I go back to London hopefully in the new year I will be definately staying at '69 the grove' and have already recommended it to family and friends!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Great location--a short walk to Vauxhall station where you can catch bus/train/underground.
Kanley & David have totally renovated their home providing modern ensuite accomodations.
They could not have been more welcoming, accomodating, and helpful. If you're going to London you would not find a warmer welcome. Also FANTASTIC BREAKFASTS. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My mom and I stayed at 69 The Grove while on holiday. We were graciously welcomed and really appreciated being let into our room as soon as it was available. After traveling for over 24 hours we were exhausted. Our room was spacious and charming. The bed was large and the most comfortable one we had throughout our entire European vacation. The location is convenient by tube. I wouldn't travel in London any other way and it was pretty easy to learn. If you arrive for the first time by tube I would recommend printing a small walking map online before you leave (the B&B is really close to Vauxhall Station but we needed our cell phone map to navigate to it). Also, if you are carrying a reasonable amount of luggage it is much easier to take the tube outside of the peak travel times for locals (rush hour). We had a lovely stay at 69 The Grove and especially loved meeting other travelers every morning at breakfast. Thank you Kanley and David!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family