“A lovely B&B - you cannot go wrong!”
Review of 69TheGrove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
69TheGrove
Ranked #2 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Kanley and David are fantastic hosts; I stay with them each time I go to London on business as 69thegrove happens to be right around the corner from our London office. Their B&B is cute, cozy, and clean! I have stayed there alone and with my husband and baby and both times they went out of their way to accommodate us! I'm hoping to stay there again in two weeks! (The breakfast is not to be missed!)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank sdobs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

During the period of christmas we spent a beutiful and good week of holiday in a hospitable and familiar with the presence of a excellent and funny staff. they was always available to help us or just to speak. Very good breakfast with fresh foods. they was always careful about the hygiene. if we will go back to London we will go back to 69 The Grove.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We just returned from our 4 day stay at this B&B, and I must say we have been pleased in all respects. On the "down side" I only felt that the room (#2) was on the small side (though not very small or tiny as mentioned in some reviews) and certainly not inexpensive. The room is in the basement and so does not have a view, however, the window lets in plenty of daylight. The location close to central London puts all these reservations in a different perspective, though, and not much remains that one can complain about.
The list of positive impressions is much longer: Bed- and bathroom are spotlessly clean and nicely appointed, and the bed is very comfortable. The location is great: The house is in the center of a small and quiet (!) residential "grove" of beautiful old London houses, tucked into two merging thoroughfares, along which you walk less than 5 minutes to reach the tube and railway stations. Bus stops are even closer.
The two hosts, Kanley and David, have been very welcoming, helpful, and attentive. Kanley readily removed some of the (to be paid for) items from the fridge in the room, as I wanted to use it for own food and drinks. Then there was an issue with the radiator which started leaking. He applied a quick-fix immediately and repaired it the next day - commendable. And last but not least, he prepared a wonderful breakfast each morning, with fruit salad, toast and jam, and omelette, as well as bacon and beans, if you wished.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

During December 2013 I visited London and stayed at The 69 The Grove B&B accomodation with my wife and daughter. We chose that B&B because my wife and daughter had stayed there during last September and found that the place was nice and functional. They told me that at the 69 The Grove they were comfortable and felt at home because Kanley, the owner and manager, and his staff made their stay a very pleasant one. In my stay I corroborated that the 69 The Grove is a pleasant B&B and Kanley and his team always try to make you feel at home.
I also noticed two important advantages of staying at the 69 The Grove. One of them is that this B&B is only two blocks away from the bus and underground station of Vauxhall. This means that you have close to you several bus routes which will take you downtown London or to somewere else. The other advantage is that you are also very close of central London. You only have to cross the Vauxhall bridge and then you are very close to the Tate Gallery, or if you like to walk and keep on doing it a little longer you reach places like Hyde Park.
I am sure that the next time that I go to London I will stay once again at the 69 The Grove.

1  Thank Javier_Morales_01
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband, my two daughters and me had a fantastic vacation in London for New Year's eve : we stayed at 69theGrove for 3 nights. We received from Kanley and David a very warm welcome.
We appreciated a lot both the high quality of food during breakfast and cleanliness of our room. In spite of the room size, our accommodation was excellent thanks to the strategic position very close to the center of London and very convenient to the underground
Elisabetta

2  Thank eliVarese
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are party of 3 and had our best week end in London since many years. We followed advice from a friend of us and we agreed in full his good comments. The location is perfect, quiet (apart a small fight on the road on saturday night). With short walk from tube and to the other side of Thames. Nice victorian home perfectly manned with excellent english bkfst. We were given room 3 which is good for 3 people apart a very small bathroom....but you don't need to stay there for long! In the past we stayed in 4 stars hotels but no one was so quite and relaxing as this BB. Further more, being a private home, you can open the windows and put off the heating...two things that we missed in most hotels! We will be back. Giuseppe, Florence.

Room Tip: room 3 in the main home perfect for 3 people