“Most Excellent B & B”
Review of 69TheGrove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
69TheGrove
Ranked #2 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Most Excellent B & B”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent Bed and Breakfast. Food was first rate. The owners and staff are helpful, courteous and provided concierge assistance that was far above what was necessary. They really made our London trip a pleasure. My daughter (8) and I felt right at home and would return in a heartbeat. Good value and a reasonable location for exploring London, a 5 minute walk to the Vauxhall tube, train and bus station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

69TheGrove is in the heart of London in a small quiet oasis in Vauxhall Grove near Bonnington square. Surrounded by beautiful trees (which are maintained by residence in this unique 'Cooperative estate'). Yet 6min walk up the road you'll find a lively (and late) night life.

We found it very easy to get most places, especially with the Oval 5 mins away and Kennington tube. There is a theatre just up the road, great places to eat and Vauxhall Pleasure gardens round the corner, which has a farm!

The rooms are immaculate and well designed. I have stayed here twice and will most certainly return. I have never quiet experienced such good hosting; happy, polite, welcoming and hardworking, I felt extremely welcome which is why I prefer to stay here than a large impersonal Hotel.

Room Tip: The deluxe ensuite is worth every penny! stunning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent a week in this lovely place with my boyfriend in april 2011. It tells something about the warm and welcoming atmosphere of this place, that I was forced to write this review even after 2 years 'couse I forgot it after the trip (sorry guys). That's why I couldn't choose the right time from the "When did you travel" -list ;-)

I really like to thank the owners of the place. Every day they made us feel like relaxing and home in the middle of everything just a few minutes away from London centre.

Rooms were nice and quiet and breakfasts were made warmly with heart. When I next time visit London, I truly know where to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Coming to this bnb was like coming to my home. kanley was friendly and kind to us. there was daily house keeping. the surrouding was very clean and tidy. I love this place and especially being in london from zambia. highly to be recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would be the first to tell you that I am not a great fan of B&B's, and I have stayed in a few. 69 The Grove, however is in a class of its own. We had an amazing time in London, and staying at 69 The grove, made it that much more special.

I had dreaded the idea of staying in a B&B, however the place was friendly, warm and nicely decorated. This B&B is very easily accessible by public transport. Vauxhall area is a great place and close to the tourist attractions from where you can see all of London.

Fantastic meals, by far exceeding what I would expect from a B&B. In the end, it was all really worth my time at the Grove. Thanks for such a wonderful and pleasant time. We loved it and all the other guests were fabulous. I would highly recommend the 69 The Grove!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for the second time in May 2012 (thought I had written previously, but apparently I've not done so).
Stayed in the new guest house just across the road.
Large room, we were 3 persons and had plenty of space. the bathroom is a little small, but it's big enough and shower is big.
Only problem is that you can eat a bit much for breakfast, because it is very good.

Just 5 min. walk away from bus/train/tube, so it's easy to get to turist atractions.
Lovely hosts, felt very welcom every time.
Easy to leave your luggage if you have a late flight.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnElisabeth
Middelbeers, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I chose this b&b based on the many great reviews for our first trip to London on our anniversary. We were not disappointed. Kanley and David are very warm,helpful and funny. I have to say Kanley is the most wonderful person I have come to meet. The b&b is a 5minute walk from the tube/bus which got us to many attractions in a short trip. The breakfast was to die for and the room was spacious and comfortable. We ate at the Indian restaurant,5min walk from the b&b. Went to Vauxhall Griffin Pub another 5min walk which had great people and beer. Kanley I will never forgot your humour and laughter and we will be back to stay! Thanks for a memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple