“New Friends!”
Review of 69TheGrove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
69TheGrove
Ranked #2 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I chose 69TheGrove based on TripAdvisor reviews and the only thing I would change would be to stay longer! I emailed Kanley and David a day before our last minute trip to London and they treated us so kindly and with such patience even as we ironed out last minute details to our trip. Kanley walked us over to a resteraunt the first night and alerted the resteraunt staff of our long journey and hunger. Each morning we had a family style breakfast and were invited, along with all the guests, to their New Years Eve party. At the party David helped me find transportation to Gatwick for the following morning as we had to leave very early New Years day. Kanley and David have found the subtle balance to creating a warm, family envrionment with giving you enough privacy and independence to enjoy your trip. I count them as new friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was really cordially received. I was several Times in London in different accommodations: Hotels, flats of friends and other b&bs but I have to say apart from living by Friends is this the best I ever had. Was fairly close like living by Friends.

The room was small but that's typical englisch. But besides that, it was very cosy and clean. Close to town, the Bus stop and the Underground.
And the breakfast was really, really good. I definitely miss it.

Anyhow I would stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We, my wife and 2 children 12 and 7 years old, stayed for 10 days to coincide with Christmas 2012. It was a great time, loving, kind ... Very clean rooms and excellent breakfast. They had a detail to the children by Santa Claus, um surprise gift. Everything perfect, super recommended. Juan Carlos, Yolanda, Diego and Elena

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 69TheGrove over Christmas and New Year, and it is by far the best place we have stayed in London. It is close to a major train and bus station, it is close to town, and the place was immaculate. Our hosts and the staff were very accomodating and friendly, and we looked forward to the big English breakfast every morning. We would definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in London.

-Karen Ware

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a view, select one of the downstairs rooms (below ground level), as...
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for 8 night on a vacation & business trip.. We found this place at trip Advisor and it really is excellent as the reviews says. The B&B is so close from the bus stop, underground and the train station. It locates near the stores too, in walking distance. The owner is very friendly and helpful to us. The breakfast were excellent, the fruit salad is phenomenal, my husband enjoys it very much. I enjoy the Sunday breakfast very much, because Kanley(the owner) baked some croissants and bagels. We book a deluxe ensuite bedroom and they upgrade us to one of the largest bedroom in the B&B. The room is not very large (because our suitcase is too big) but there are still enough room for us to pray. the room has a large Victorian window too, but sadly we were on basement floor so we cant enjoy any scenery. We met other guest for breakfast, and the ambiance is very homey. It's suitable for families too. Our challenge while staying there was the language, as English wasn't out primary language. But the owner and the staff are very patience waiting for us to explain what we want or need.

We really recommend this place and definitely stay here again on our next trip to London. Thank you Kanley & David for the experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We loved our stay in London and this B&B was a great part of that. It was so easy to catch the tube and the central location made it easy to see everything. The house was lovely, clean and quiet. The breakfasts were delicious. We were traveling from the US and were unsure of what to expect. The service, hosts and other guests really added to our experience. Thank you again Kanley and David for the chance to stay in your home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip at the recommendation of my friends and it was a wonderful place, quite and modern. The owners were quite friendly and gracious. we had a massive breakfast that was quite a feast. I highly recommend this place and I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo