“Great service, good location”

Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge
Ranked #477 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were visiting the Hoxton, Shoreditch, Spittalfields, Brick Lane area of London so this was good location and better cost than elsewhere.
On arrival very good receptions staff. Very helpful and accommodating and any request was not a problem. This continued throughout our 2 night stay up until the goodbye.
Rooms are small but adequate for a 2-3 night stay.
Bed & pillows were very comfy and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor as although in a busy area the wasn't much outside noise up on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingstudent66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,604)

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My brother booked this hotel for us as he lives in London and I was coming down to meet him for a weekend in the city. After he booked it I looked on Trip Advisor and was a bit worried about the feedback. Anyway those worries were unfounded as we arrived at the hotel and were greeted immediately at reception by a very friendly lady who sorted our room keys out straight away and explained about the breakfast etc. The rooms were clean and inviting and had everything that we needed. You could hear a distant rumble of the passing trains but if you stay in the centre of London you should not expect complete peace and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, there were coffee/tea making facilities, the TV was easy to use and the shower was powerful and hot. I could not fault anything. The hotel is in a fantastic location for London Tower, the Tower Bridge and the Thames which are all just a 5-10 min walk away. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Would not go back

The good:
The rooms are sparse but clean .. Though not on a par with say the Premiere Inn rooms

The bad:
The restaurant and food where awful... After waiting 30 mins in a near empty restaurant I went back to reception to order, 10 minutes later my main course arrived, warm with fatty soggy chips, then 10 mins later my starter turned up. The waitress did not seem to understand my frustration. I decided there is a reason the restaurant is always quiet.

The Breakfast Buffet, forget the full English, here it comprises of warm scrambled egg, fatty bacon "bits", cheap sausages , baked beans and uncooked tomatoes just cut in half! yep that's your lot.. The "Orange Juice" was very diluted concentrate. The toaster seemed unable to toast during my two visits, there was no one around to ask.

After two such evenings and breakfasts I did not visit the "Restaurant" again

Verdict

Stop here if you just want a cheap room, and go out to eat, there are a lot or really nice places near who serve a decent meal for the same price as staying in. (Also a good breakfast)

Are all Travelodge's like this? maybe a surprise visit from an area manager would be a good idea
sorry if it sounds harsh, but its the way it was

Room Tip: I think they will all be the same, My room did not have the air con, or any toiletries etc. Expect t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Anon_tomos
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We are really sorry to learn of your disappointing experience in our bar cafe Anon-tomos. Our bar café staff are fully trained in how to prepare food to a great standard and to provide great service so it is regrettable to learn this service fell below the standards which we expect. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night when stuck in London unplanned due to travel problems/bad weather. We paid £74 for our room which I thought was great value given the location and cost of others in the area. (The nights previous we had been staying at the nearby Doubletree Hilton costing over £200 a night.) I chose this specifically as I'd stayed previously for work and new it was cheap (for London) and had been refurbished fairly recently.

While the Travelodge was basic in comparison with the Hilton, we had no real complaints - it was clean and warm. The only minor grumble being we were on the main road side of the building which was a little noisy. Wifi was free, which I found not standard in all Travelodges having also stayed in the Covent Garden one in the same month.

We didn't eat in the hotel but went to the wetherspoons pub opposite the hotel. The nearby st Katherine's Dock also has chain restaurants such as Zizzis and there's a small Tesco close by too.

Will probably stay again, for work and would recommend to others if on a budget.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank AW1
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is easy to find and close to The Tower of London, Fenchurch Street and the Docklands light railway.
The check in desk was busy, so we used the self check in which was a breeze.
The decor was new, clean and functional modern in the large Bar (open all night)/lounge area.
The room was large with Aircon, TV mounted on the wall and desk with tea making facilities.
The ensuite was fairly basic, with a shower toilet and sink (Remember to bring your own shampoo etc.!).
I booked this with a little scepticism after Travelodge experiences of old, but I was very pleased. The room was spotlessly clean (apart from a little mildew in the shower) modern and a very very comfy bed.
An equivelent room at their nearest rival would have cost twice the price for the night we stayed.
If you want a base while visiting the area I would seriously consider this hotel.. We werent disturbed by road/rail noise at all despite the hotel warning us on their site.

Travelodge have clearly up'd their game recently.
(If the management read this, there was a leak on the shower head (rm6). Didnt affect the shower but may damage the ceiling over time).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JGHants
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you're looking for an inexpensive, no thrills hotel at a relatively good location, this is your place.

2 minutes walking distance to Tower Bridge tube station.
Clean rooms with no extras.
Despite closeness to railway really quiet
Breakfast is not great, but ok.
Free Wifi in the hall (not free in the rooms).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ONELIFE_LIFE
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, clean bedding and towels. No shampoo etc given. Tv in room. Tea and coffee in rooms.

Good location, cheap prices. Loved my stay here.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Ordered breakfast which was nice. Defo worth getting late checkout. Parking around the corner at minshull street but need to pay. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends