“Stunning food coupled with superb service. Brilliant.”
Review of Sushinho - CLOSED

Sushinho
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Kings Road/Old Church Street
Transit: South kensington/Sloane Square Tube Station. Bus routes 11,19,22,49,319
Description: sushinho (pronounced su-sheen-yo) is a combination of the word sushi, the well-known Japanese dish of raw fish, vegetables or pickles on seasoned rice and -inho, a uniquely Brazilian / Portuguese suffix meaning diminutive, younger. smaller. Brazil, is home to the largest population of ethnic Japanese living outside Japan, giving rise to the creation of Japanese dishes imbued with exotic Brazilian influences and ingredients. Celebrating this culinary fusion beloved of disceming Brazilians and foreigners alike, sushinho's menu and interiors will inject flavour, zest, warmth and spirit into central London's multi-faceted food and drink scene.
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning food coupled with superb service. Brilliant.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I won a competition for a free meal at Sushihino on Facebook. The prize was for meal for 2, up to the value of £100 – so to say I was thrilled was an understatement.

Myself and a friend went for the meal and it was absolutely superb. Located on Kings Road, Sushinho and is a sleek, sophisticated and slightly quirky restaurant offering a fusion of Japanese and Brazilian cuisine. We started with the sweet potato gyoza with a sashimi selection, followed by the spider crab and spicy salmon house rolls, the scallops (with tapioca, honey & pimenta baiana sauce) and the USDA prime striploin. For dessert we shared the passion crumble and cinnamon curros which were absolutely superb - so make sure you leave room.

The food was truly exceptional and beautifully presented. The service was also outstanding, certainly the best I’ve experienced in London for a long time.

I will definitely be returning, as a paying customer, and I already can't wait.

Thank you Sushinho!

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Bar ambience with good restaurant food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ambience is great for a little romantic atmosphere, drinks are fantastisc, starters (rolls) are unbelievable, and main dishes not so much. So concentrate on the starters and enjoy your evening!

Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“overpriced”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our dinner started maybe with some wrong choices. Captured by the variety of the offer we decided not to order only nippo-brazilian temaki rolls, but also some Sushinho platters, mainly consisting of a mix of crduites (meat&fish). After that we were still hungry, since the portions were a bit too small and we had to order some additional temakis. This contributed to the inflation of our bill, which amounted to the same price of a one-starred restaurant. Excellent drinks and nice location.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants in London”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

simply superb, great food and american style service. These guys know their stuff. sushi was amazing and unlike anything available in London. fish quality just unreal. One of the best steaks I have ever had!!! I know from a sushi place!!!! must try.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Try the pork belly!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went here with a friend and his son who recommended the place. Sushi was good but to be frank seemed a little expensive for me. Then again not being from the UK I cannot comment with a great degree of authority on sushi prices across London. An entree plate for three was around 40 pounds. What was excellent were the main course dishes. We ordered a sushi plate as a starter and each ordered a main which we shared. The stand out for me was the pork belly. Garnished with seaweed and served in a pot on a bed of lentils in a sort of gravy it was pretty damn good. Clearly that was the Brazilian influence however having very limited exposure to Brazilian cuisine the exact inspiration for this dish I am unsure of. What I do know is that it is very much worth trying.

• Visited January 2013